• I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
  • Banned
What's your thought on this?

I hope so. Very few cars companies in this segment are producing MTs. You either have to get some type of performance non-drag car or a roadster.
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure not for chinese market. And sadly, the fact that the civic is not selling well in europe, which is the only market where manuals are still popular, doesn't help.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
For the performance fan, yes, I think you will still find a manual. Si/CTR fans will want or expect a manual trans for the more engaging driver experience. Expecting a manual, though, will become harder to justify since 1) low sales take rates and 2) for the manufacturers, the more that they can control (ie, the transmission) the more efficient the package. Eeeking out an additional 1-2mpg will still be important. Of course, by the 12th gen, we will all be in electric pods ;)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably. But only in the Si and Type R.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
MT will only be in the CTR and Si and MAYBE a Civic Sport if they decide to come out with one again.

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
I feel with Honda, they will have manual transmissions for a little longer just depends on car. They will probably keep the Si and Type r with a manual but if you going to look for a 6sp accord, you better off looking for a unicorn in some lost city.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I have a big feeling that cvt on gen 11 civic will be push botton just like the accords. 6speed mt will only be offered in low end trim, Si and type R.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I think there will be manuals definitely, just not sure if the coupe will make it. That is where the numbers are lacking last I heard.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
IDK honestly. 1) MT transmissions are down to like 3% sales as of the end of Q3 2018 ( i haven't found q4 sales stats). 2) Autos do it better. yes they're boring but the shift speeds when present are simply faster. 3) evs don't even have gears. If EVs are the future there's no reason to keep trying to have gears.

On the flip side I could see them still offering it on models like the Si or the Type R. That said there were already rumors of them putting the ILX transmission in the civic si, so it still just might be a shift-able auto is the future.

From an enthusiast standpoint no more manuals blows. But from a business and logical perspective, making them doesn't make sense.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think there will be manuals definitely, just not sure if the coupe will make it. That is where the numbers are lacking last I heard.
While coupes look cool they aren't practical and since car prices have climbed the idea of 2 cars is even more rare. I mean i wanted an si but i went ex with cvt because i needed the hatchback's practicality more than going with a sedan that's a bit more fun.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
While coupes look cool they aren't practical and since car prices have climbed the idea of 2 cars is even more rare. I mean i wanted an si but i went ex with cvt because i needed the hatchback's practicality more than going with a sedan that's a bit more fun.
Very good point. If they made an Si hatchback, I would've went with that instead of the Si sedan. Type-R would've been nice, but hard to justify the extra $$$, although it is one heck of a car. Si was a great DD for me. Ah but I digress..

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Definitely on the Si and Type R (hopefully we still get this in US). It'd be nice if they offered the Si w/ an auto like the ILX. I would like Honda to continue to offer manual on the 11th gen 'normal' Civics as well - it's not like they won't make it for other markets.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When Honda released the Accord with a 6MT for the 10th gen, they touted themselves as "Saving the Manuals" I expect they will keep it for another generation at least. I kind of hope they go to a DSG for the autos though.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we'll get at least a other generation with a manual. The coupe may go. If we ever have a generation where the Si has a automatic as an option, regardless of the flavor, that may be the last one if autos outsell the manuals by a huge margin. I bet there is a decent size group that buying a trim other than a Si was because they didn't want a manual and that was the only game in town.

I hope they keep it. I would have checked out a Chevy SS to compare the Charger I checked out... had they had a manual within 200 miles of me. Manual was very high on my list of wants.
Sponsored