Will the RV6 Catted downpipe definitely throw a code?

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I just bought the RV6 Catted downpipe and I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if I'll get a check engine light after install? I know Hondata or Ktuner will allow me to remove it but I haven't flashed the car yet. I was waiting a little while to do the tune after the mishimoto intercooler is installed. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

AWildDugong

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just bought the RV6 Catted downpipe and I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if I'll get a check engine light after install? I know Hondata or Ktuner will allow me to remove it but I haven't flashed the car yet. I was waiting a little while to do the tune after the mishimoto intercooler is installed. Thanks in advance
Just installed mine last week. No cel

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also curious about this. I've had the RV6 3" catted DP/FP combo for the past ~1k miles now, but I disabled the codes.

Planning to move across the border from Kansas to Missouri in a few months, and I'm not so sure that I wouldn't have to pass an emissions check.

R-36276

First Name
Milo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
No cel codes. I have had the catted dp/fp combo for 4 months before adding Hondata and did not have any issues.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is it depends on how well you can get the defouler calibrated. I’ll tell you that I can go 10 miles only on my PRL catted DP before it throws a code (no defouler). I recently got to test this after flashing to stock for AC service at the dealer. If an aftermarket DP isn’t throwing a code then it isn’t moving enough exhaust gas to add performance (it seems to me). But you can fool the system with a defouler potentially. Also, if it does throw a code that would only be a minor annoyance until you do get it tuned. You can also just disable the codes with a tuning device before custom tuning, though I guess you mean you don’t want to buy a tuning device until you are ready to tune?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is it depends on how well you can get the defouler calibrated. I’ll tell you that I can go 10 miles only on my PRL catted DP before it throws a code (no defouler). I recently got to test this after flashing to stock for AC service at the dealer. If an aftermarket DP isn’t throwing a code then it isn’t moving enough exhaust gas to add performance (it seems to me). But you can fool the system with a defouler potentially. Also, if it does throw a code that would only be a minor annoyance until you do get it tuned. You can also just disable the codes with a tuning device before custom tuning, though I guess you mean you don’t want to buy a tuning device until you are ready to tune?
100% this.

I had an RV6 catless downpipe and the defouler was adjusted well enough out of the box that I only saw a CEL every few thousand miles. I'm sure if I would have adjusted it a bit I could have perfected it, but that was more than good enough for me.

OP
OP
Glassjaw121986

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Yeah I was holding off until I got down to the shop a little bit away from me that specializes in aftermarket Honda work. Still deciding which way to go. The owner didn't tell me why but messaged me saying, Right now we'll go with Hondata. Not using Ktuner at least for now. Don't know why he said that but I'll obviously ask for some elaboration when I'm there

OP
OP
Glassjaw121986

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Much appreciated for all the responses. It looks like what I've heard is true. Possibly not light, possible light lol. I'm sure the exhaust shop knows about the defouler situation already but I'll make sure to mention it.

OP
OP
Glassjaw121986

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Shit I totally forgot to ask, Do I need to purchase a Defouler before install? Or do you guys suggest buying a better quality one if it goes come with it to give even a better chance for no lights?
Sponsored