RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im not too shocked the ILX body fits on the new platform, the ILX is just marginally larger than the civic, and it's longer hood is similar to the new civic. I'm surprised the old euro hatch backend fit on given that it rides on a larger version of the fit platform, but who knows how much frankenstein taping is under all that camo.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Im not too shocked the ILX body fits on the new platform, the ILX is just marginally larger than the civic, and it's longer hood is similar to the new civic. I'm surprised the old euro hatch backend fit on given that it rides on a larger version of the fit platform, but who knows how much frankenstein taping is under all that camo.
Why do you say "old euro backend"? Are you suggesting that the folks at Honda are just having fun putting old cars together with tape? That's the new backend or it wouldn't be out testing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honga Magoomobile
I read somewhere that the ILX is based on the 9th Gen Euro Civic underpinnings.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do you say "old euro backend"? Are you suggesting that the folks at Honda are just having fun putting old cars together with tape? That's the new backend or it wouldn't be out testing.
I'm not sure if you're joking or not. But that's the previous back end of euro hatch, just look at the taillights. That's definitely not the new back end of the 2016.

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
They can do amazing things with camouflage, padding etc. You see what they want you to see basically.

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
I'm not sure if you're joking or not. But that's the previous back end of euro hatch, just look at the taillights. That's definitely not the new back end of the 2016.
Wonder why does Honda bother grafting two different bodies together? Why not just use really heavy camo? What platform/chassis are they testing anyway? Won't all the Civic models share the same exact platform? If so, don't they only need to test the actual body..

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Wonder why does Honda bother grafting two different bodies together? Why not just use really heavy camo? What platform/chassis are they testing anyway? Won't all the Civic models share the same exact platform? If so, don't they only need to test the actual body..
They could be testing different powertrain or suspension. Even though the platform/chassis will be shared, that doesn't mean the Si will have the same springs/shocks as the base model, or even that the Euro Civic will have the same as the U.S. Civic.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They could be testing different powertrain or suspension. Even though the platform/chassis will be shared, that doesn't mean the Si will have the same springs/shocks as the base model, or even that the Euro Civic will have the same as the U.S. Civic.

Exactly. And even between body styles minor tweaks might be needed to suspension and ride to compensate for weight distribution which would be slightly different for each body style. What might be perfect for the coupe might be too hard for the sedan or hatch, especially if the coupe has the "sport tuned" suspension set up like it usually has had. And depending on trim levels there could be multiple setups for "sport" trims. The si always has had upgraded suspension pieces over the base models.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Looks like Honda is giving us a smaller liftback now that the Crosstour is being discontinued. Well played on the Acura ILX costume ;)

Ji Librando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Oldsmobile Achieva
Hopefully in the coming months more and more photos will reveal the final production model. Im excited!!

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Are they really going to keep the ILX costume on until they finally reveal it? I was hoping to get a real glimpse of the car. It seems silly to wrap it up in ILX skin when the patent drawings are out and the Concept more or less showed what the front end will look like.
Sponsored