Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It looks like Honda's camouflage has been playing games on us. What was previously thought to be the 5-door hatchback prototype appears to be just another 2016 Civic sedan prototype as some members have speculated.

That's apparent as this newest variant has now been spotted, looking much more likely to be the 5-door hatchback. As some CivicX members have pointed out, this prototype appears to be wearing the Acura ILX front end as camouflage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 001
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 002
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 003
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 004
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 005
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 006
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Honda Civic Mule 007

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
Why does it have the ilx front end from 2012.. looks ugly would prefer the actual 5 door front end

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
Why does it have the ilx front end from 2012.. looks ugly would prefer the actual 5 door front end
Yea it's got a little beak front going on... and riding super high.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
I think I spot wraparound lights!

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I think what we've got here is an ILX with the Civic 5-dr rear-end.

What I find interesting is the "dual" exhaust under there... 5-dr Si??

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think what we've got here is an ILX with the Civic 5-dr rear-end.

What I find interesting is the "dual" exhaust under there... 5-dr Si??
Yea, looks like ILX front fascia being used as camoflage. Good spot on the dual exhaust didn't even notice that.

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
Maybe an acura ilx wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honga Magoomobile
If the new 5-door looked ANYTHING like that, Honda would be the laughing stock of the motoring world. Maybe a very early and heavily disguised test mule. It looks to have the rear end of a 2012 Euro Civic:
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos 12euro-civic-04

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
I mean the front does look aggressive to me. But idk how I feel about the rear...

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
It is hard to tell with all that camo but I agree something is off about the front end. The side profile looks to be about right but either Honda is doing a superb job disguising the Civic or that front end is suggesting it is something else.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This must be a full on test mule. The old hatchback rear, the old ilx front end... but, the dual exhaust (Si or 1.5T id assume) is a nice idea. (too bad honda hides the exhausts on the non-Si versions). I don't know if the interior would really be telling. Since it has the mule outside i'd assume it probably has a mule interior as well, but, from what i can see through the window i don't see the two tier dash anymore, again, probably not the correct insides either, just using it to test out suspensions and engines. I'm super excited when they finally reveal the interior though. Hoping if they depart from the two tier dash they go with a CRZ/S660 style digital gauge cluster with the 3d effects. Also wondering, if they get rid of the 2 screen iMid system will all civics have the new 7 inch touch screen standard? Or will the they maybe have the smaller 5 inch touch screen from the HRV on the LX models. hmmm.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Is the ILX expected to get a makeover? Otherwise why the camoflage. Amazing if they managed to practically fit an old ILX over the new Civic hatchback underpinnings.
Sponsored