Will the PRL Race MAF increase peak boost?

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m running TSP Stage 2 and I’m only hitting 25 psi on map 3 when other people are hitting 27 peak boost. I’m using INJEN’s intercooler and CAI. I’m wondering if the PRL Cobras race maf will help me reach that 27 psi target?
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I’m running TSP Stage 2 and I’m only hitting 25 psi on map 3 when other people are hitting 27 peak boost. I’m using INJEN’s intercooler and CAI. I’m wondering if the PRL Cobras race maf will help me reach that 27 psi target?
It would spike to 27 but then come down to 25

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It would spike to 27 but then come down to 25
Hmmm okay mine just goes to 25 lol. I heard the Injen CAI makes our fuel trims off balanced? And not just by one person, but, a good amount of people have mentioned it. I was like 27 psi tune For $120 bucks?? But I think I’ll get the Race MAF today and hopefully it adds some power to my TSP STAGE 2 tune.
I appreciate your quick response.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Hmmm okay mine just goes to 25 lol. I heard the Injen CAI makes our fuel trims off balanced? And not just by one person, but, a good amount of people have mentioned it. I was like 27 psi tune For $120 bucks?? But I think I’ll get the Race MAF today and hopefully it adds some power to my TSP STAGE 2 tune.
I appreciate your quick response.
Yup, I have read things about the injen intake as well that's why I always had said it was your intank. I heard it throws off fuel trims and makes the car run rich but also some people had no problems with it. When it comes to the race Maf don't expect your fuel trims to be perfect on the tsp stg2 and for power it would only gain a few ponies and torque. If you where looking to get close to perfect fuel trims i would recommend the street MAF. I was thinking of getting the street MAF my self when I go tsp stg 2

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The PRL intake will not change your boost pressure. It will fix your fuel trims, as others have implied, when compared to an Injen intake. Even without higher boost pressure, you can look forward to increased airflow and more horsepower.

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
I am using Injen EVO intake, its true that it throws your fuel trims away due to a larger size MAF housing, i guess most of the aftermarket intake will but i calibrated it and my LTRIM stays at 0 - 0.78%

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get rid of the Injen CAI. It throws fuel trim off horribly (mine was sometimes -15 or more), it isn't a consistent manufacturing process, so it requires you to get a custom tune in order to be good for the car. I am running a PRL SRI with much more consistent, and safe trim levels now. I run the street, not the race, so I cant speak for the boost level you'll get, but for longevity of the car, remove the Injen or go get a custom tune for it.
I spoke to drob this is what he said

Honda Civic 10th gen Will the PRL Race MAF increase peak boost? 81171E14-CA17-4520-A256-06BC209DCDA2
Sponsored