Will the full size spare tire fit securely in the boot?

civicxjimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
Country flag
Apologies if this has been asked before but I haven't been able to find any concrete information on this.

I have stock wheels/tires for the fk8 2020 and want to have a full size spare available but I'm not sure how to secure it.

Is there a way to fit it into the spot where the doughnut normally goes?
I don't need to have the carpet floor at all when the the tyre is there so I don't mind if it sticks out, I just want it to be secure.

So, I'm wondering, has anyone done something like this before? Has anyone fit a full size wheel and tire in that space? And did you need a longer screw?

Or are there any alternatives to securing the tyre that someone has experience with?
Sponsored

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
Apologies if this has been asked before but I haven't been able to find any concrete information on this.

I have stock wheels/tires for the fk8 2020 and want to have a full size spare available but I'm not sure how to secure it.

I don't need to have the carpet floor at all when the the tyre is there so I don't mind if it sticks out, I just want it to be secure.

So, I'm wondering, has anyone done something like this before? Has anyone fit a full size wheel and tire in that space? And did you need a longer screw?

Or are there any alternatives to securing the tyre that someone has experience with?
i keep a full size spare in my trunk (i have the cargo tray as well) with no problem. not gona fit under the flap though. is not strapped down or anything but it hardly moves.

with the seats down you can easily carry a whole set of stock wheels with the tires on.

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
Is that because it sits deep enough in the well?
uhh im not quite sure what you mean lol

we are both talking about a fk8 type r right?

theres no “well” so to speak of, not even any room for a donut. my spare is literally just in my cargo area when u lift the hatch.

OP
OP

civicxjimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
Country flag
Hmm..I've got the 2020 FK8 and if I lift the carpet there is a round foam bit which contains the repair kit. If you remove the round foam bit there is a bit of a well which I was assuming was for the donut. In this picture it is what the rim is sitting in: https://www.civicx.com/forum/attachments/spare3-jpg.68846/

Last edited:

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
oh yeah mine looks nothing like that. i got a US car tho so that’s probably why.

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
oh yeah mine looks nothing like that. i got a US car tho so that’s probably why.
under your floor in your hatch, is the wheel well for a spare. Not sure if it can fit a full size, but it's there my friend.

I haven't seen any without it, up to this point.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Yes there is a place under the carpet in the hatch. Yes it can be secured. There is a kit from Honda but if you're just going to put a spare in there that you have you don't need the kit which also includes a new floor with taller standoff blocks to clear the tire/wheel.
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the full size spare tire fit securely in the boot? 2577DECC-9D72-4670-9926-701294F30C41
Honda Civic 10th gen Will the full size spare tire fit securely in the boot? 161E9FC0-C4C4-41B0-B615-99F9B14DE09A

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes there is a place under the carpet in the hatch. Yes it can be secured. There is a kit from Honda but if you're just going to put a spare in there that you have you don't need the kit which also includes a new floor with taller standoff blocks to clear the tire/wheel.
2577DECC-9D72-4670-9926-701294F30C41.jpeg
161E9FC0-C4C4-41B0-B615-99F9B14DE09A.jpeg
A full size will fit, but takes up alot of trunk space.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
True, at least a couple of inches in height(I didn't measure the difference in height between the original and new trunk floor piece) the length and width of trunk. I just know that if I pothole the car and destroy a tire and/or rim I won't be stuck until a tow truck shows up. So there is that!
A full size will fit, but takes up alot of trunk space.

sauceeeboii

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic 4D 2.0L Sport
Country flag
2577DECC-9D72-4670-9926-701294F30C41.jpeg
161E9FC0-C4C4-41B0-B615-99F9B14DE09A.jpeg
link for the kit?