will the dealer help me more on warranty if i bought the parts from them?

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
i can get stuff like oil filters and other parts less expensive online then from the dealer. but i wonder if i have a warranty claim if the dealer would be more apt to assist me if i show them a receipt from their parts dept than from somewhere else.

i know they are more apt to help you if you serviced the vehicle there , but does this apply to parts also?
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I agree, however I go at this from the other end, I supply the oil & filter (Mobil1 AFE 0W-20 & M110A filter) & the dealer installs and does all other maintenance. I do replace intake and cabin filter myself at the suggestion of my mechanic. Been doing this for years without a problem of any sort, any minor warranty claims have been handled with zero issues. It is, without doubt, a lot easier if you have a decent dealership that you have a good, long-standing relationship with if/when warranty issues arise. I have Hondacare for 7 years/120k, in the past, it has proven to be reassuring and has paid for itself several times.