Will the 2021's be the most collectible

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Probably won’t go up in value until years and years later. I just like how it’s slow on the depreciation. Also, 2020 models are the covid models, lol. Small production
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
some 2021's shouldve been 2020's

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put "most raw" in qoutes cause I'm being sarcastic lol, and I'm aware that the body style is easy swappable parts. It's more me just mocking this whole thread. Just go out and enjoy your car, all you can leave behind in life is good memories. Can't take your money or objects with you! Have fun and drive safe!!
I was being somewhat sarcastic as well that’s why I quoted your quotes. My point still remains the Gen 10 will see less depreciation than the Gen 11 over time, as the current Gen cars are currently appreciated over MSRP at this point. In the end a Gen 10 is exactly that; the year doesn’t matter. I absolutely enjoy their car, I never mentioned I didn’t? My Type R is just not a set up for rain and snow, so I enjoy it on the days it is made for enjoying to the fullest. I’d rather drive my Accord Touring in rain or snow. Miles are miles and they do matter if you plan to keep any car for a very long time and enjoy it for years to come.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Well, here in Canada Boost Blue was only available for 2020. So I think I'm going to be winning that race north of the 48.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Who wants a ford focus blue type R?

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who wants a ford focus blue type R?
Come on...it's a nice color you must admit... but it's true that they kinda took it from the Focus RS and slapped it on the civic.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A similar color is also on the A91 Supra....and some some Toyota SUVs but we won't talk about that. It's a cool color either way.

Last edited:

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My nitrous blue 2017 RS sold in less than 24 hours, seems a lot of people like the blue.
REALLY?!?! so...Ford came with it and called it ''NITROUS BLUE'' and Honda went ''hold my beer''
- Here it is...new colour: ''BOOST BLUE'' fack yeah!! ?

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
A similar color is also on the A91 Supra....and some some Toyota SUVs but we won't talk about that. It's a cool color either way.
What is stealing a paint color when you don't even build your own halo car?

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel the 2020 Sport Sedans with the 6 speed manual will be popular in the future.
It was the last year of a Naturally Aspirated Civic with a port injected motor and a manual transmission.
The 2021’s dropped the manual option, so 2020 was the last year.
The upcoming 11th gen Civics will still have the NA motor available, but the manual transmission option will only be on the SI and Type-R cars, both direct injected turbo cars however.
The old school Honda guys will always appreciate a naturally aspirated Honda Civic with a manual transmission, and 2020 was the final year for that.
They certainly can’t compare to the SI or Type r performance wise, we all know this, but I see that car being popular in the future, but by no means will it be “collectible” like the Type-R. The Type-R will ALWAYS be the most collectible 10th Gen Civic!

Last edited:

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel the 2020 Sport Sedans with the 6 speed manual will be popular in the future.
It’s the last year of a Naturally Aspirated Civic with a port injected motor and a manual transmission.
The 2021’s dropped the manual option, so 2020 was the last year.
The upcoming 11th gen Civics will still have the NA motor available, but the manual transmission option will only be on the SI and Type-R cars, both direct injected turbo cars however.
The old school Honda guys will always appreciate a naturally aspirated Honda Civic with a manual transmission, and 2020 was the final year for that.
Replace sedan for coupe and I would agree...they sold 10 sedans for every coupe so...2020 coupe 2.0 MANUAL will someday be worth a pretty penny in perfect condition.

Last edited:

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Replace sedan for coupe and I would agree...they sold 10 sedans for every coupe so...2020 coupe 2.0 MANUAL will someday be worth a pretty penny in perfect condition.
Thats a great point, I agree with that. Both models will probably be a bit popular but the coupe definitely more so ??
I’m curious about production numbers for those cars, my friend works at the local Honda dealer and he said they had about 20 times the amount of SI models than 2.0 NA cars with manuals.
I don’t think they produced very many, would be interesting to find a build count!
Sponsored