Will stock OEM exhaust for FK8 type r fit inside back seat and trunk of FK8?

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I hate how the OEMs do that now. The stock exhaust on the Focus RS was like that too. The whole exhaust was basically one long piece. If you watch install videos of the RS a lot of people use to just cut those in half so it can be removed off the car easily. But this exhaust was bent weird n shit n make it hard to remove.
Only thing I could guess is that they worry about the same thing we do in regard to using a clamp sleeve and having sound and pressure leaks, However they should made muffler section removable at the very least.
Sponsored

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
S2k is the same way. IT is one large piece from cat to exhaust tips. At least fk8 can somewhat carry it =]

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
Does anyone know how long this thing actually is? Trying to think if I can carry it in a 4runner

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Does anyone know how long this thing actually is? Trying to think if I can carry it in a 4runner
It might fit, my friend actually helped drive my OEM exhaust to my house, and he drove it in a Highlander, maybe the highlander is a little bit bigger but it fit with no issues, just got a little bit close to front windshield. Forsure you can fit it with trunk slightly opened and tied down.
Also, due to the bulkiness of the exhaust , I ended up cutting it in half to be able to fit it neatly in my garage. Took like 2 min to cut it with a hack saw. Perhaps cut it and you could fit it in any car.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Stock exhaust barely fit in our 2021 Honda Passport. Had it resting on the dashboard through the center console. Wrapped a towel around it so it didn’t bump the windshield.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

yamazaho

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2021 BB Type R
Country flag
glad to find this post, LOL looks like I have to get creative when the time comes to get my catback swapped out.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
glad to find this post, LOL looks like I have to get creative when the time comes to get my catback swapped out.
I rented a home depot truck for 25$.