Will stock OEM exhaust for FK8 type r fit inside back seat and trunk of FK8?

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I am looking to get a catback exhaust system and I am wondering if I take it too a shop or even a friends place, would the stock exhaust system (not including front pipe) fit in the back of my car? With rear seats down, would it fit even if it comes to the front seats. Would I be able to close the hatch.
Sponsored

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
No mate not even close. I got my OEM carefully chopped in half so I could take it home. You can refit if needs be with a collar

You could always get a van of course

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No mate not even close. I got my OEM carefully chopped in half so I could take it home. You can refit if needs be with a collar

You could always get a van of course
If I get a van who will drive my CTR home, I trust no one. lol. So it won't fit even if I leave the hatch open and tie it down?

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SO I couldn't get away with the front of exhaust close to my front windshield and have it run down the middle of the car even with hatch slightly open with it bungied closed

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
A more serious answer. I’ve heard of people fitting the oem exhaust in the car pretty easily from the trunk to the center console but I’ve never done this myself so I can’t confirm it

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
Had a friend do it in his shop and I picked up the exhaust at a different time. Just a heads up I took an empty econoline van and I had to put in diagonally to fit.
Good luck!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The other way is to cut it in half and buy a 2.25” butt joint exhaust clamp if returning to stock later:

Honda Civic 10th gen Will stock OEM exhaust for FK8 type r fit inside back seat and trunk of FK8? 134BB19D-2034-45CB-996B-B50FA0B55CA3

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The other way is to cut it in half and buy a 2.25” butt joint exhaust clamp if returning to stock later:

134BB19D-2034-45CB-996B-B50FA0B55CA3.jpeg
I had mine cut into 3 for easy storage.

Edit: I'm curious how effective that clamp would be with respect to sound leaking and rattles. It is much cheaper than having it re-welded though.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine cut into 3 for easy storage.

Edit: I'm curious how effective that clamp would be with respect to sound leaking and rattles. It is much cheaper than having it re-welded though.
The clamp option is mainly to save a trip to the shop and DIY. I think JBWeld + the clamp should be fine.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I hate how the OEMs do that now. The stock exhaust on the Focus RS was like that too. The whole exhaust was basically one long piece. If you watch install videos of the RS a lot of people use to just cut those in half so it can be removed off the car easily. But this exhaust was bent weird n shit n make it hard to remove.
Sponsored