Will short ram/cold air intakes eventually going to be CARB legal?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just put one in.......be criminal a little....lol
Lol it's not about being a criminal or not, if that was the case my car wouldnt look the way it looks lol, it's about passing smog when I need to, and if I'm not gunna pass smog, uninstalling and then reinstalling it

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
A move like this could easily put this intake in the #1 slot above the PRL Cobra as it would be the ONLY Carb Legal Option.

Lots of Cars in CA buying intakes.:thumbsup:
Carb legal would be a great option but the process for it is slow. I live in CA and still waiting for the crab sticker from Injen. I been runing injen CAI for almost a year now.

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol it's not about being a criminal or not, if that was the case my car wouldnt look the way it looks lol, it's about passing smog when I need to, and if I'm not gunna pass smog, uninstalling and then reinstalling it
Come on man....takes 10 min to swap.......when comes the times to pass the test......

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
get one....you will not be dissapointed with that sweet turbo sound and blowoff sound trust me ;)

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
after some recent convo with the team this has moved up on the priority list.
Is it up in the high priority list? I would love to join the 27WON Family! There seems to be only one CARB Certified Legal Intake so far, I believe the Mishimoto one. I prefer getting the 27WON CAI seeing how the other one suffers from heatsoak. I'd also get that REDEFINE banner or some other 27WON Window or Bumper Decal as well if this gets CARB Certified. Mishi Intakes in California are going to get toasted if this Intake gets greenlit!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it up in the high priority list? I would love to join the 27WON Family! There seems to be only one CARB Certified Legal Intake so far, I believe the Mishimoto one. I prefer getting the 27WON CAI seeing how the other one suffers from heatsoak. I'd also get that REDEFINE banner or some other 27WON Window or Bumper Decal as well if this gets CARB Certified. Mishi Intakes in California are going to get toasted if this Intake gets greenlit!
As of right now its not urgent for the organization as we are pooling our resources to the areas that make the most sense right now and CARB status is a bit lower on the list.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Do you think much more, or anything, will be CARB legal after 2035??

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you really need CARB stuff, you can find plenty of it if you look hard enough. It's everywhere really. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Will short ram/cold air intakes eventually going to be CARB legal? baked-goods-on-wooden-tableclose-600w-224013568-01

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What is the process?
It seems the process is extensive testing and high expenses completing the CARB test for certification. 27WON could potentially sell many many CAI in California and eventually make up the expense cost of getting it CARB Certified but it seems it is not on their high priority list. They have been considering this since 2018 and it is frustrating that the CARB process for 27WON is at a standstill it seems like. Feels like the only way in California is the illegal way. Will it be CARB Certified before 2021? I am starting to doubt at this point. I guess I'll be stuck with the stock intake. I will not go with that oily heatsoaked box Mishimoto that's for sure.
Sponsored