Will PRL FP fit thermal exhaust

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
My question is will the PRL front pipe fit other exhausts specifically thermal or others? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Is it compatible with other exhausts too or is there a certain size it has to be? I hear 3 and 2.5” thrown around a lot just trying to see all the compatibility.

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Is it compatible with other exhausts too or is there a certain size it has to be? I hear 3 and 2.5” thrown around a lot just trying to see all the compatibility.
Aftermarket items are made to fit on OEM pieces meaning they all pretty much have to use the same flanges in order to fit with the OEM pieces so everything should be compatible unless the manufacturer states otherwise (i.e. full replacement like the big turbo kit from PRL). most people wouldn't buy an exhaust if they had to replace everything if they're just going for sound so greddy for example has to work with the stock front pipe/DP, and PRL needs their DP/FP to go to the stock exhaust so yes you can mix and match

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thermal already comes with an FP. Why would you want another one?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because I have other prl products and if I decide to switch exhausts I wanna see my options.

Thermal already comes with an FP. Why would you want another one?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aftermarket items are made to fit on OEM pieces meaning they all pretty much have to use the same flanges in order to fit with the OEM pieces so everything should be compatible unless the manufacturer states otherwise (i.e. full replacement like the big turbo kit from PRL). most people wouldn't buy an exhaust if they had to replace everything if they're just going for sound so greddy for example has to work with the stock front pipe/DP, and PRL needs their DP/FP to go to the stock exhaust so yes you can mix and match
While this makes sense to an extent, does Thermal sell the front pipe independently of the catback? If not, they do not really have any reason to match the OEM FP to catback connection style and location.

Looking at photos of the Thermal FP, it is not at all like the OEM design and does not appear it would be compatible with any other catback, or that the thermal catback would be used with another FP.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s what I was thinking and worried about hence my reason to question. They do not sell the FP piece separate. I guess I need to do more research

While this makes sense to an extent, does Thermal sell the front pipe independently of the catback? If not, they do not really have any reason to match the OEM FP to catback connection style and location.

Looking at photos of the Thermal FP, it is not at all like the OEM design and does not appear it would be compatible with any other catback, or that the thermal catback would be used with another FP.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stock top. Thermal bottom.

Honda Civic 10th gen Will PRL FP fit thermal exhaust 4A5AFFD6-27B3-49A1-A738-98D4D41A8F40

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I didnt realize thermal had their own FP my magnaflow didnt, it looks like the thermal one from the picture posted by OP that it may use a vband connection???

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya, that's one reason their exhaust is $1050 haha. I'm looking at other exhausts, possibly HKS and was wondering if I should throw stock FP back on or if I got PRL, if it would fit.

I didnt realize thermal had their own FP my magnaflow didnt, it looks like the thermal one from the picture posted by OP that it may use a vband connection???

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya, that's one reason their exhaust is $1050 haha. I'm looking at other exhausts, possibly HKS and was wondering if I should throw stock FP back on or if I got PRL, if it would fit.
i know PRL fits to stock - if the HKS doesnt come with their own FP you should be fine, and i mean my magnaflow is 980 or something like that lol

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought the magnaflows were cheaper than that.