Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Something like this isn't going to harm aero much at track speeds. Bonneville, sure. A track where you're tops hitting 130? Nah.

1610568892664.png
I think you will find that louvers actually work a bit differently than just vents. The idea is to create a greater low pressure zone to help extract heat from the engine bay. Vents take advantage of the natural lower air pressure at the anterior part of the hood while louvers actually stick up into the airflow and disrupt it to create an even lower pressure area immediately behind to help even more with heat extraction. It is great to get more airflow into the engine bay with larger grills and use more effective/efficient radiators but if the air can't get out, neither can the heat.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
a basically non functional scoop
Pretty sure this is an incorrect assumption.

Not that I've done a fluid dynamic study, but my understanding is; The scoop is functional and aids in cooling by directing air out the rear of the front wheel wells/vents, therefore creating a low pressure zone in the engine compartment and increasing air flow through the engine bay.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Pretty sure this is an incorrect assumption.

Not that I've done a fluid dynamic study, but my understanding is; The scoop is functional and aids in cooling by directing air out the rear of the front wheel wells/vents, therefore creating a low pressure zone in the engine compartment and increasing air flow through the engine bay.
Shhhhhh, all engineers and expensive aftermarket hoods apparently got it wrong ?

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Shhhhhh, all engineers and expensive aftermarket hoods apparently got it wrong ?
So wrong that they fixed it with the 2020 refresh. Oh wait, those people are still having heat issues on the track. :flame:
Sponsored