civil-k-2020

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
Does anybody know if K20A/A2/Z1/Z3 cams will fit the K20C2? I've heard that cam swaps are pretty straightforward on the older K20 engines, and it seems like this should be the case for our engines since they have the identical i-VTEC system
Sponsored

Last edited:

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anybody know if K20A/A2/Z1/Z3 cams will fit the K20C2? I've heard that cam swaps are pretty straightforward on the older K20 engines, and it seems like this should be the case for our engines since they have the identical i-VTEC system
I've looked around and found nothing. I'm not sure of the actual specs for the K20C2 cams and such because I was thinking of swapping a bigger cam into this engine. There is one aftermarket cams that supposedly fits our engines but I called up and they said they can't confirm that it does indeed fit. It's also $1,000+ so I'm not in a rush to be disappointed if they don't fit. A lot of supporting mods would have to be done to safely do it anyhow. They were called BMF cams or something from Skunk2.

OP
OP
civil-k-2020

civil-k-2020

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
I've looked around and found nothing. I'm not sure of the actual specs for the K20C2 cams and such because I was thinking of swapping a bigger cam into this engine. There is one aftermarket cams that supposedly fits our engines but I called up and they said they can't confirm that it does indeed fit. It's also $1,000+ so I'm not in a rush to be disappointed if they don't fit. A lot of supporting mods would have to be done to safely do it anyhow. They were called BMF cams or something from Skunk2.
I bought used k20a2 cams with accompanying OEM valves springs, retainers, and head studs for a pretty good price. I don't know what the lift profiles are for our K20C2 cams either, but if they are significantly different from the stock k20a2, then replacing the springs is probably worthwhile. That said, I would be incredibly grateful for any advice regarding other modifications that one might need to make to accommodate these or similar camshafts!
Sponsored