Will my CTR be here in April???

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
We have 1 technician in the shop that does pre-delivery inspection in all brand new honda vehicles that comes off the delivery truck. His bay is directly beside my bay. And if a CTR comes in, I'm sure I wouldn't miss a chance to see it or even sit on it. On the other hand, I just hope honda will have an actual spare tire and jack on it, and not an air pump with some sealant on it (some acura's have this).

Regards,
CJ
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We have 1 technician in the shop that does pre-delivery inspection in all brand new honda vehicles that comes off the delivery truck. His bay is directly beside my bay. And if a CTR comes in, I'm sure I wouldn't miss a chance to see it or even sit on it. On the other hand, I just hope honda will have an actual spare tire and jack on it, and not an air pump with some sealant on it (some acura's have this).

Regards,
CJ
I doubt the CTR will come with a spare, in keeping with weight (and cost) reduction. The S2000 CR did not and the CTR is supposedly more hardcore.

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
it was a meeting between myself, the (new car) GM, a salesman, and the Finance GM. - there was some information that the GM said he cannot disclose because it's still speculation between the Mangers he knows and the Area/district Rep.

but they WERE able to choose a color (in my case blue) - and WERE told to expect it on trucks in the beginning of the month of April (with deliveries middle of the month)
that timeline didn't sit well with them, since it's "a week" or less from port to my dealer. but they feel the timeline is fairly accurate based on past timeline releases of other cars this model year.

this was all word of mouth mind you; so "proof" is going to be hard to give you guys. I already have a in-progress CR-V order, and a deposit on the R.
I have zero reason to doubt these guys; since they did admit that some of it is still... questionable.

and the "order" list - they had someone come back and decide he didn't want it. so I was moved up to #1
My dealer said they didn't think they could order a color. He said he would try but thought that Honda will send them whatever colors and people who put down deposits would get 1st, 2nd, etc pick of the litter. They seemed to not know anything. I wish I could have talked to a manager but I didn't want to be rude by saying "Let me talk to your manager because you don't seem to know shit ". I put down a deposit anyway. It's completely refundable though so I guess no harm done.

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
My dealer said they didn't think they could order a color. He said he would try but thought that Honda will send them whatever colors and people who put down deposits would get 1st, 2nd, etc pick of the litter. They seemed to not know anything. I wish I could have talked to a manager but I didn't want to be rude by saying "Let me talk to your manager because you don't seem to know shit ". I put down a deposit anyway. It's completely refundable though so I guess no harm done.
Also, what colors does everyone like? I like black and blue.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Also, what colors does everyone like? I like black and blue.
For info - there is another thread under the Type R forum titled "What colour Type R are you going to get" with a poll if you are interested in seeing what colours people are thinking about at this point :rolleyes: