Will Honda ever come out with wireless CarPlay for our cars?

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
In general, automakers will never add new features to old models. I am expecting Honda to not do anything about adding CarPlay to 10th gen civics.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
I want this unit

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
In the settings page of the Carlinkit 3.0. Navigate to IP address 190.168.150.2 on web browser of iPhone after having connected
I DONT HAVE THE CAR LINK ONE ANY LONGER I HAVE THE OTTOCAST ONE NOW, BUT DONT SEE THOSE SETTINGS ON IT

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
In general, automakers will never add new features to old models. I am expecting Honda to not do anything about adding CarPlay to 10th gen civics.
While this is mostly true, the accord had the hardware already so honda did release an update that gave wireless carplay to test the waters out.

The civic doesn't have the proper hardware to do it via an update, so it will never happen for the civic. It would require aftermarket equipment.

Rallediebuerste

First Name
Ralle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, EP3 and a couple more
Country flag
I have a Carsifi wireless adapter, and apart from some pain during the installation, it's working just fine - minimal delay in the logr g force meter, but other than that, it just works

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I have a Carsifi wireless adapter, and apart from some pain during the installation, it's working just fine - minimal delay in the logr g force meter, but other than that, it just works
logR doesn't work with the CarlinkIt sadly

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
I have the AAWireless adapter and it works pretty well. Once in a while an incoming call gets routed to my smartwatch instead of the car, but it's easy to reroute.

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX 1.5T (CVT) Sedan
Country flag
So is the Wifi in the Civic just for over the air updates only? I only tried the wifi once on the car, the iPhone tried to connect as wireless car play but it just messed up my music so ever since the I never tried it again and I only connect with Bluetooth or cable.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is the Wifi in the Civic just for over the air updates only? I only tried the wifi once on the car, the iPhone tried to connect as wireless car play but it just messed up my music so ever since the I never tried it again and I only connect with Bluetooth or cable.
Deep inside the hidden menus is a web browser, actually. Makes sense, given that the head unit is running on Android.

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX 1.5T (CVT) Sedan
Country flag
Deep inside the hidden menus is a web browser, actually. Makes sense, given that the head unit is running on Android.
interesting haven’t really delved into it too much to find it. Surprised the Honda hack doesn’t open the feature for it. Since the car has the hardware for it with Wifi and Bluetooth just not the software to allow it to run it.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
While this is mostly true, the accord had the hardware already so honda did release an update that gave wireless carplay to test the waters out.

The civic doesn't have the proper hardware to do it via an update, so it will never happen for the civic. It would require aftermarket equipment.
Can you point me to an article about this happening for the Accord?

I see that some newer models of the Accord have wireless CarPlay 2021/2022. I can’t find anything on it being added to older or exsisting models.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
interesting haven’t really delved into it too much to find it. Surprised the Honda hack doesn’t open the feature for it. Since the car has the hardware for it with Wifi and Bluetooth just not the software to allow it to run it.
There are no over the updates on this generation of civic. That didn’t happen until the 11th generation.

The wifi doesn’t have a built in practical use.
It was useful for installing Honda hack using the hidden web browser but I think Honda closed that loop with newer models.
Sponsored