Will Honda ever come out with wireless CarPlay for our cars?

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I know this isn't your answer, but I wanted to just note my experience. So I have wireless carplay in another vehicle and I honestly don't really like it. It does work fine but it takes a minute to connect and every time I fast forward or skip there is a noticeable delay. I like the wired one in my civic, yes you have to plug it in, but it works really well.
Sponsored

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Can you point me to an article about this happening for the Accord?

I see that some newer models of the Accord have wireless CarPlay 2021/2022. I canā€™t find anything on it being added to older or exsisting models.
I don't think honda ever went forward with it, they were testing the waters and a few people got it, but they were gonna charge for it and I don't remember it ever getting released to everyone.

https://jalopnik.com/honda-may-let-you-update-your-car-to-add-wireless-carpl-1845782892

interesting havenā€™t really delved into it too much to find it. Surprised the Honda hack doesnā€™t open the feature for it. Since the car has the hardware for it with Wifi and Bluetooth just not the software to allow it to run it.
The civic doesn't necessarily have the hardware for it. Not all wifi is built the same. For wireless AA you need 5ghz, and the wifi in the civic is only 2.4. There have been newer versions of AA that will use 2.4, but I am not sure what would be required for the civic to take advantage of that. It could be a software/firwmare deal, but there might be some hardware needed. I just don't have enough info on the hardware in the civic to know.

Jess Wilson

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4L 2019
Country flag
I have been using carlinkit 3.0 for almost a year. And I saw that they have released carlinkit 4.0. Carlinkit told me that carlinkit 4.0 adds a wireless Android auto function on the basis of the original. 4.0 with some stability and performance optimizations. I got one for my wife by using their ad iscount. It only needs $90.20. It seems like a fair price.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay

Honda Civic 10th gen Will Honda ever come out with wireless CarPlay for our cars? č®ŗå›ęŠ˜ę‰£

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not, like, a retroactive upgrade.
It probably wouldnā€™t even change my routine to be honest. Iā€™m so locked on connecting my phone n putting it in the little side pocket. Only downside is that I sometimes forget itā€™s there when I leave the carā€¦šŸ˜…

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Radio is too decrepit to use wireless CarPlay. Better off buying the android aftermarket radios to put in here as an upgrade

Minh Pham

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
I bought a carlinkit video box for traveling. we love it! i bought it for when i travel with my children, but yesterday we went to my fatherā€™s house 3 hrs away and my wife decided to watch a movie(i was driving and listening to it) on our drive home yesterday while stuck in traffic. it made a irritating time for my wife go by so much faster and i didnā€™t have to listen to her complaining, which made for a much nicer 3 hour drive.

https://autokitcarplay.com/collections/frontpage
Sponsored