Will heavy traffic daily driving affect clutch life span that much? (NYC)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah man I feel you! I have worked all around the city and you get use to it especially after some years. For someone new to driving stick shift they gonna need some time to adjust. City traffic on a friday is probably the worse day of the week. Every other day is a breeze. I gotta deal with Manhattan traffic then the Bronx lol. You will be fine!
Yeah broooooooooo tell me about it why is Friday so damn bad?? Shit I gotta go from New Rochelle all the way to harlem and back to jersey to pick my girl up on Friday's and I want to die everytime smh the bridge turns into a shitstorm
Sponsored

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Deblasio and Coumo will shorten your lifespan far sooner than any auto or clutch. Run like hell! I remember Curtis Sleewa .. the dope from Park Slope!

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Deblasio and Coumo will shorten your lifespan far sooner than any auto or clutch. Run like hell! I remember Curtis Sleewa .. the dope from Park Slope!
Honda Civic 10th gen Will heavy traffic daily driving affect clutch life span that much? (NYC) 1605186322052

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
One is the mayor and the other is the governor. Both F heads lol. They doing one lane traffic in the city which is causing more traffic. Sucks

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One is the mayor and the other is the governor. Both F heads lol. They doing one lane traffic in the city which is causing more traffic. Sucks
Naw yea I know thought it was just mad random lmaooo

You talking about closing some streets down for restaurants? If so then shits annoying af like entire streets are shutdown and redirecting traffic in the worst way possible

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah broooooooooo tell me about it why is Friday so damn bad?? Shit I gotta go from New Rochelle all the way to harlem and back to jersey to pick my girl up on Friday's and I want to die everytime smh the bridge turns into a shitstorm
lmaooo yes sir! Friday SUCKS!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Will heavy traffic daily driving affect clutch life span that much? (NYC) 6A37FF32-064D-46EA-9406-5869D8E65DEF

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Naw yea I know thought it was just mad random lmaooo

You talking about closing some streets down for restaurants? If so then shits annoying af like entire streets are shutdown and redirecting traffic in the worst way possible
yeah shit has just been a mess this year. I’m just happy about the street cleaning rules so it’s easier for me to park. But once they don’t put it in effect I’m taking the train lol

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
just curious bro how many miles you get a tank?
look closely at the picture. My dash shows my AVG milage. I’m full bolt on 93 tho

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Unless you're doing something wrong, It'll easily last 100K - Probably more :)

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Shhhtttt... 21mpg... That hurts so much in all the wrong ways... Let me se your wallet... "All your base are belong to us"!!!!

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
look closely at the picture. My dash shows my AVG milage. I’m full bolt on 93 tho
Yeee I peeped that I meant how much total miles u get a tank was just curious

I get maybe 250 ish give or take

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeee I peeped that I meant how much total miles u get a tank was just curious

I get maybe 250 ish give or take
Same! If you have IG add me up @moorelow

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Shhhtttt... 21mpg... That hurts so much in all the wrong ways... Let me se your wallet... "All your base are belong to us"!!!!
I wished I lived in Florida lol, open roads! Stop and go traffic here in nyc, it sucks. But I’m enjoying the car, full bolt ons 32k miles stock clutch still. And I’m abuse it lol

Laraw00

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
From my experience it depends on how you drive and how much you slip the clutch. With high traffic volume you are for sure going to wear the clutch more than if you didn't have to sit through traffic.
If you can afford it maybe find an old corolla, camry,civic, accord and daily that.
Sponsored