Will heavy traffic daily driving affect clutch life span that much? (NYC)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same! If you have IG add me up @moorelow
Don't got my phone rn cuz my girl trading it in for me at apple while I'm at work but throw me a follow @fishscale.fc3 and I gotchu once I pickup my 12 :beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From my experience it depends on how you drive and how much you slip the clutch. With high traffic volume you are for sure going to wear the clutch more than if you didn't have to sit through traffic.
If you can afford it maybe find an old corolla, camry,civic, accord and daily that.
Yea definitely but I don't think I'll ever get a beater car unless I have a GT3 RS or something lol

Will eventually fully build my car and I'll still daily it to the ground because I love this thing. Even days when I sit in 2 hours of traffic and get fucked up by potholes I've never wished I was in another car, the small stretches when I floor it and the compliments/looks I get make it all worth :spaz:

Laraw00

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yea definitely but I don't think I'll ever get a beater car unless I have a GT3 RS or something lol

Will eventually fully build my car and I'll still daily it to the ground because I love this thing. Even days when I sit in 2 hours of traffic and get fucked up by potholes I have never wished I was in another car
DAM I thought my commute was bad lol. I have about an hour commute to work one way, and sometimes I hit like 25-35 minutes of traffic due to stupid Boston highway designs. I can't imagine two hours of traffic, I don't think I could do that.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DAM I thought my commute was bad lol. I have about an hour commute to work one way, and sometimes I hit like 25-35 minutes of traffic due to stupid Boston highway designs. I can't imagine two hours of traffic, I don't think I could do that.
2 hours of traffic is very rare at least for me on my commute. NYC traffic is very sporadic usually, will have opportunities of normal flowing traffic before bumper to bumper and going back to normal. Generally on my worst days I'd say I run into 30 ish minutes of true bumper to bumper traffic, rest of it is slow flowing and manageable.

Also I don't know people in boston drive but the main way to cutting down time in traffic is cutting in through exits and turning 2 lane road into a 3 lane road :drive:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag