Will an amp work without plugging in the remote wire?

kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I am using a Clarion xc2110. There's no where to plug in the remote wire, as I am tapping into the speaker wire going to the sub in the back already. I don't want to have to take out the whole infotainment and wire it all the way to the front just to get into the remote wire. I was wondering if I could just not plug it in for this specific amp. If not, is there a class D mono amp that will turn on without a remote wire?
Sponsored

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I am using a Clarion xc2110. There's no where to plug in the remote wire, as I am tapping into the speaker wire going to the sub in the back already. I don't want to have to take out the whole infotainment and wire it all the way to the front just to get into the remote wire. I was wondering if I could just not plug it in for this specific amp. If not, is there a class D mono amp that will turn on without a remote wire?
No. Just get a fuse tap and tap into the ACC fuse. Easy.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
A lot of amps can turn on with a signal from the speaker level input.

But finding a "remote wire" is easy as looking to the fuse box. It's very simple.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
A lot of amps can turn on with a signal from the speaker level input.

But finding a "remote wire" is easy as looking to the fuse box. It's very simple.
His amp does not.

Uh how exactly do I do that? I'm not very knowledgeable about this.
Are you sure you want to install your system yourself?

You buy one of these: Bussmann ATM Add-a-Circuit Low Profile Fuse Tap (autozone.com). It allows you to add an additional circuit with its own fuse (that fuse tap has two fuse slots, one for the existing circuit, one for the new circuit)

Take out your ACC fuse under the dash and put that fuse in this fuse tap. You also need to add another fuse to the tap for the new circuit, (follow the instructions on the packaging). I'd suggest using the spare 2A fuse in the engine bay fuse box.

After you have that installed, you just add a remote wire to the fuse tap and connect it to your amp's remote wire.
Sponsored