Will after market exhaust negatively effect the cars performance?

First Name
Kayline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
I'm unfamiliar with the pros and cons of aftermarket exhaust. I was wanting to give my civic a little bit more growl, but I don't want to decrease the mpg, power, or performance.
Sponsored

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
I have the Remark FK7 exhaust and a RAI. Car still runs great only thing is with the stock tune with CVT gear ratios are a little goofy since you added the HP the computer doesn’t understand. So essentially the gears feel longer and you don’t shift as fast but the car is definitely a lot faster than stock. Also Remark is the best for good notes and doesn’t sound riced out.

OP
OP
NightVisionClown
First Name
Kayline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Remark FK7 exhaust and a RAI. Car still runs great only thing is with the stock tune with CVT gear ratios are a little goofy since you added the HP the computer doesn’t understand. So essentially the gears feel longer and you don’t shift as fast but the car is definitely a lot faster than stock. Also Remark is the best for good notes and doesn’t sound riced out.
Good to know. I plan on getting a tune on mine anyway so gear ratio won't be a problem. How does your exhaust sound? I wanted something that isn't too loud, at least with low RPMs.

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Good to know. I plan on getting a tune on mine anyway so gear ratio won't be a problem. How does your exhaust sound? I wanted something that isn't too loud, at least with low RPMs.
if you want a good sound note it is really great around 4 grand. I did some revs with it go to my Instagram @frsh.fk7 and watch my vid. Honest to god it’s probably the best sound clip on the internet that actually gives you an idea on how it actually sounds lol.

OP
OP
NightVisionClown
First Name
Kayline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you want a good sound note it is really great around 4 grand. I did some revs with it go to my Instagram @frsh.fk7 and watch my vid. Honest to god it’s probably the best sound clip on the internet that actually gives you an idea on how it actually sounds lol.
Awesome I'll check it out. Thx for the help.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exhausts dont make power on these cars. PRL tested the car with and without an exhaust after they installed their downpipe and frontpipe and there was negligible difference in power.

OP
OP
NightVisionClown
First Name
Kayline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome I'll check it out. Thx for
Exhausts dont make power on these cars. PRL tested the car with and without an exhaust after they installed their downpipe and frontpipe and there was negligible difference in power.
Yeah that's what I figured, but I kinda just wanted a slightly more aggressive sound.
Sponsored