lradicoSI

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
My 2017 SI is bone stock currently and I'm looking at getting a catted PRL 3" DP and FP and an exhaust (Greddy or Borla maybe). Will I need a tune? Will TSP Stage 1 on Ktuner be enough or will I have to get on a dyno for a protune? I've also seen it recommended that I should get an intercooler before going TSP Stage 1 and maybe a CAI too. Thoughts?
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My 2017 SI is bone stock currently and I'm looking at getting a catted PRL 3" DP and FP and an exhaust (Greddy or Borla maybe). Will I need a tune? Will TSP Stage 1 on Ktuner be enough or will I have to get on a dyno for a protune? I've also seen it recommended that I should get an intercooler before going TSP Stage 1 and maybe a CAI too. Thoughts?
In my opinion, you don't need to tune for downpipe and frontpipe change. The gain you get mostly contributed by the less dense catalytic converter.

Intercooler doesn't need a tune either.

CAI may need a tune to adjust AFR, especially if you change your MAF from stock to race MAF.

OP
OP
lradicoSI

lradicoSI

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
In my opinion, you don't need to tune for downpipe and frontpipe change. The gain you get mostly contributed by the less dense catalytic converter.

Intercooler doesn't need a tune either.

CAI may need a tune to adjust AFR, especially if you change your MAF from stock to race MAF.
If I do the race MAF, will that need a protune or will TSP suffice?

OP
OP
lradicoSI

lradicoSI

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Never mind, I looked it up. TSP Stage 1 has an option for Race MAF that PRL specifically said will work with their MAF housing on the Cobra CAI.

calvin13386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Never mind, I looked it up. TSP Stage 1 has an option for Race MAF that PRL specifically said will work with their MAF housing on the Cobra CAI.
Even without TSP stage 1, you should have that option available on Ktuner under MAF scaling.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I would start with a tuner first before anything else. And no, a custom tune is optional, you will get some decent gains if you're full intake/exhaust/intercooler with a custom tune but the base tunes/TSP stage 1 will be enough to keep the car happy. IMO, I'd do: tuner, intercooler, CAI and then exhaust for the best power gains while keeping reliable and (intercooler) constant power.
Sponsored