Wide Body Kit Yall?

Who would be looking to purchase a wide body kit?

• Interested

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 117 61.9%

• Total voters

thavens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hond Accord Sedan
Country flag
All right, I am looking to find who in the community would be interested in a wide body kit for our vehicle. I am talking to someone to design a kit but need to find out if the community really wants it.

I am opening a poll and would like to hear comments also. Let me know if I need to add anything.
Sponsored

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
I wouldn't mind seeing what people develop for it but between the Accord and R the garage barely fits both of them if I was wider it would mean one has to sleep outside. I'm sure Pandem/RocketBunny will make something too since they seem to build for just about every popular make and model

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Wouldn't mind some OEM looking wider front fenders but never liked a wide body kit.

natethegreat

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
I’ve seen a kevmans widebody for the sedan but have yet to see a widebody for the coupe. I think the widebody coupe would look amazing if done correctly. I would definitely purchase one if was one made. Not a big fan of the kevmans kits but something similar to a pandem kit would spark my interest.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Every BR-Z/FR-S I see nowadays are widebody-kitted. I used to have a taste for it, but I think it's slowly dying. Seeing a few actually up close at a car show recently just makes you realize the sacrifice (of your fenders), botched up seal job, and paint matching. Factory widebody is definitely more of my preference. The CTR is just the right amount of widebody for me. Cars like the z06 that up the trims over base models, definitely makes much more sense in the aesthetic and drivability of the car.

TL;DR - To each, their own. I love to see your chopped up cars lol.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
It's already wider than my wife's CR-V by a frikkin' inch. I think we leave that width alone, no? At some point, the width becomes an impediment to daily driving, and we're already close to that mark as it is.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's already wider than my wife's CR-V by a frikkin' inch. I think we leave that width alone, no? At some point, the width becomes an impediment to daily driving, and we're already close to that mark as it is.
I was gonna say, my RAV4 isn’t as wide as my Type R lol

I am so bad at judging distance too, I usually err on the side of caution when it’s narrow. I honestly couldn’t believe how much wider it feels compared to my older Civics (2013 sedan and 2017 coupe). Of course the wider it is the more grip so it’s a necessary thing.

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
The CTR is already super wide for a daily driver. I went from a 2007 WRX wagon that was about 67 inches to the CTR which is almost 74 inches. That 7 extra inches made the car feel huge at first, and it's still noticeable. Could you make a narrow body kit? 70-72 inches would be about right :)

BTW, it's not just for parking spaces, on backroads you can't carve as much of a line when the car is as wide as the lane. That being said, the CTR is more fun than the WRX despite the extra width.
Sponsored

Last edited: