Wich fender ducts are better ? Seibon or APR ?

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Hi guys !
I think to buy carbon fiber fender ducts, but I am not sure wich one between Seibon and APR have a better look and a better fitment.
I saw here that some guys experienced different fitment issues.
Wich fender ducts should I choose ?
If you have pictures with your carbon fiber fender ducts to show, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi guys !
I think to buy carbon fiber fender ducts, but I am not sure wich one between Seibon and APR have a better look and a better fitment.
I saw here that some guys experienced different fitment issues.
Wich fender ducts should I choose ?
If you have pictures with your carbon fiber fender ducts to show, will be much appreciated. Thanks.
I'd be nervous about fitment with both and I'd want to have a body shop spray uv clear on both.

If I had to choose though, I'd go with APR.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I originally ran seibon and I was not happy with the fit. My passenger side did not line up to where there was an even gap between it and the door. I later went with APR and the quality is so much better. The other reason I went with APR is because I'm running some of their other parts.

The only thing I did like with the seibon was there was a larger hole opening for the air to come through. The APR one is identical to the stock hole.

Another thing you might want to consider though is what other parts are you going to be running that are carbon fiber. Since both of them have a different weave that is something to consider for matching purposes.

Last edited:

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
Seibon here - Fitment is good on drivers side....passenger is ok as well. You have to remember, with ALL carbon regardless will have varying degrees of fitment....Dont let names, Varis, Mugen, etc make you think fitment will ALWAYS be better.....I have carbon from Seibon, PWJDM, Pegasus, APR and EPR.....all fit different....
Honda Civic 10th gen Wich fender ducts are better ? Seibon or APR ? 4AE302F0-FB6E-4119-A562-6710A0BFCE32 2.JPEG

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
i have the apr ducts, havent put them on yet though. i went with APR cuz i also have their CF hood scoop and i was impressed with it.

i did put some turtle ceramic spray wax on the scoop before i put it on, will do the same with the ducts.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
if only someone made a red set to match the oem cf parts

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I just ordered APR , i already have the carbon fiber scoop from them and fit and finish is perfect and has great quality

nicola404

First Name
Nicola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, FK8 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I originally ran seibon and I was not happy with the fit. My passenger side did not line up to where there was an even gap between it and the door. I later went with APR and the quality is so much better. The other reason I went with APR is because I'm running some of their other parts.

The only thing I did like with the seibon was there was a larger hole opening for the air to come through. The APR one is identical to the stock hole.

Another thing you might want to consider though is what other parts are you going to be running that are carbon fiber. Since both of them have a different weave that is something to consider for matching purposes.
Same here, i also bought the Seibon fender vents.
On the drivers side the fitment is perfect.
On the passenger side, there is a small gap between the fenders and the door.
Every time someone open the door it scratches (door and fenders).

I'm not happy with the passenger side.
if i would buy the fenders again, i would prefer the APR one.

CWFK8Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2008 Civic
Country flag
Are the APR and Seibon weaves different? Was planning to get the Seibon since I have the hood would be nice to match, but if APR fits better then pretty obvious choice.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are the APR and Seibon weaves different? Was planning to get the Seibon since I have the hood would be nice to match, but if APR fits better then pretty obvious choice.
Yes a different weave and a different color hue. Seibon is almost brownish to APRs blueish/gray. I prefer to just run all APR ones. I also have a lot of carbonmyride stuff and although different, the quality is on par with my APR stuff.
I've worked with a number of seibon stuff and unless you're going all seibon I wouldn't match it with others.

RRTypeR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R and 2008 Si Supercharged
Country flag
APR looks good. anyone know of any good deals on them?
I have the seibon hood paint matched and i would never order another hood from them.. I also have the rear wing insert and the middle wing in CF from seibon

Honda Civic 10th gen Wich fender ducts are better ? Seibon or APR ? 145