Why'd You Pick Civic X ?

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
For me it was head room. I sit very tall ( short legs and long torso ) and hit the head liner if I sit up straight in most cars. A good 1 1/2 " clearance in the Civic.
Sponsored

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
At the time of purchase (2017), Civic X was arguably the most balanced vehicle in the segment. There's no glaring weakness in any area.

Good fuel economy? Check.
Good performance? Check.
Handling feel? Check.
Interior space? Check.
Safety? Check.
High-tech? Check.
Predicted reliability? Check.
Affordability? Check.
Resale value? Check.
Styling? Check.

:p That's the "single" reason - car is well-balanced.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I wanted hatch, manual, fun to drive, good on fuel. After test driving a few cars I decided I liked the Civic the best.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
styling, Honda, roomy, good size, very quiet cabin, enough leg room everywhere, pretty zippy even 2.0 and cvt, great trunk capacity and huge aftermarket support... also I had 2000 civic so I knew what I'm dealing with

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
i bought my 2016 ex-t because it was the new platform (turbo engine, looked great, modern tech like Android Auto). i wanted a sunroof and heated seats and it had them standard. It was a nice car that i kept for a year. i ordered one of the first 2018 subaru crosstreks which arrived last august. this car also had features i liked ( android auto, sunroof, heated seats, steering responsive LED headlights, etc..).

in April i traded for a 2018 civic Si. this is my second 10th gen civic and i am very happy with it. i always tell myself that i will keep the car for a couple years (i hope that i do), but something usually comes along and i trade before a year.

I bought the SI for the same reasons as i got the 16ex-t but i really wanted the manual transmission and limited slip diff this time. :)

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Projected reliability of motors. Period.

I'll bet the carbon buildup on these motors at 80k kms will be far less than say those in their eco minded competitors' cars like Hyundai and Ford.

May not be the funnest car, but fun enough of a reliable daily driver. I have other cars for full on fun.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Reliable, Styling, interior, Fast enough, Handling, Maintenance easy and cost (I hate Toyota seal off the transmission).

All check and beat off other in the price range.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned civics since 1985. That car lasted 15 years and 265,000 miles. Reliability period. And when the concept came out, I fell in love and especially since it would have a turbo. The civics from 2005 on until the X came out, I didn't care for the style. The X is the Best damn Civic ever.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
For me it was head room. I sit very tall ( short legs and long torso ) and hit the head liner if I sit up straight in most cars. A good 1 1/2 " clearance in the Civic.
Oh wow no LX love this time

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Hatch Sport

Styling that made me do double takes. 6+ months later, I still stop and stare

Fuel economy 30+ mixed, 40+ mpg potential

Hatchback = storage/roomy

Spacious; shockingly comfortable - 2 test drives and I still couldn’t believe how big/comfortable this “small car” feels

Daily driver reliability ... turn off ECO/shift to SPORT mode and this car is really fun to drive

Short version: fun, reliable, unique/beautiful styling, spacious, Bluetooth/back up camera with no other electronic BS I don’t need; 22K out the door ... for the price, this car is as good as it gets

Bonus: The “That’s a Honda ?!” reactions I get

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest, I had been looking at the 10th Gen Si for about 6 months now. My daily was an '02 Accord Coupe that was a 4-Cyl Auto. Loved that car. Motor was strong and ran beautifully. However, the transmissions in those things were garbage. At 110K, the 1st Trans had 3rd gear grenade. I had it completely rebuilt and got another 70K miles out of it before 5th gear grenaded. I decided to go grab a transmission out of a car in a junkyard to just get me by until I decided what I wanted to do. After putting transmission #3 in the car, it started slipping after 2 months. I decided it was time to get rid of it as I was tired of dropping money into it.

I chose the Si because I'm a fan of Honda's reliability. I've had several Honda's and they've all been good to me. Minus my Accord's transmission issues, I still got 16 years out of that car.

I also wanted a manual. They're getting harder and harder to find. I've always been a fan of the Si's and decided that it was the best bang for my buck as I didn't want to spend the money on a CTR to daily it. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the CTR's appearance.

Fun fact; I had to wait over an hour for the dealer to bring it from the reserve lot because they didn't have anyone who could drive a stick. I had to wait for a senior tech to finish up on a job to go get it. The salesman kept asking "You know it's a manual right? You can drive manual right?" and I had to keep assuring him yes. The test drive proved it as he was surprised I didn't roast the clutch.

Overall, I'm very happy with the car and look forward to many years with it.

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Previously owned an orange 2015 Si. In 2016, I saw the all new design civic at work. The design blew my mind compared to the 9th gen. The minute 2017 Si was available, I took a test drive and was sold. I waited for an aegean blue and bought it when it came off the truck.

Why I bought it? Because by far, it's the BEST design and performance among my Si (owned 2008 and 2015 Si)

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Toyotas are boring(one car magazine calls the Corolla the "default mode of compact cars") and Nissans are trouble. I've owned two Nissans and I won't buy another one. Very expensive to fix. All the parts in them are special made just for Nissans. A starter is 600 dollars. Same for an alternator. The civic looks good,drives good, and gets good gas mileage. My other choice was a Mazda 3 but they only come with 4 doors. I also like the new chevy cruz, but they also only come with 4 doors. Everyone who sees my civic loves it. Mostly, it was a new car I could afford. 20k out the door.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
After 25 years of various VW's I wanted something different. It was either a GTI or SI (or Hatch Sport). Thought I would try a Honda!

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Reason? Easy - most content for the money paid vs competition.
Sponsored