Why you want oil pressure/temp gauges in your CivicX at the track.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
This is why you don't want to run Group 3 0w-20 oil in a race setting. 5w-30 at minimum regularly replaced group 3 oils or 10w/0w-40 group 4 (full synthetic oils) for hard track sessions

I myself run 5w-30 Group 4 full synthetic oil as I am tuned and get on it hard enough to heat up the oil to 200-220 F and go back to 0w-30 on winter as I do not drive it hard since no place to be driving hard on rock hard and slippery roads

Oil pressure is key

Last edited:
OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Everyone has opinions on what to do. Given what I have previously stated ( http://www.civicx.com/threads/0w20.11937/page-7#post-214957 ) I don't agree with much of the logic behind the conclusions stated above, but that doesn't mean that either his or my conclusions are wrong. Sweeping generalizations (or their inverse) are informal fallacies. What is 'ideal' is different for every situation.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Everyone has opinions on what to do. Given what I have previously stated ( http://www.civicx.com/threads/0w20.11937/page-7#post-214957 ) I don't agree with much of the logic behind the conclusions stated above, but that doesn't mean that either his or my conclusions are wrong. Sweeping generalizations (or their inverse) are informal fallacies. What is 'ideal' is different for every situation.
Exactly.

As an example, here I am, three days ago, putting 11 litres of this stuff in that thing behind me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why you want oil pressure/temp gauges in your CivicX at the track. OMGWTF!.JPG

We just spent the last two days thrashing it around one of the worlds largest dyno's, Circuit Paul Ricard where, wait for it, our saturated oil temps are a constant 100C. If there were any kind of issues with this stuff then the Mistral straight will certainly let you know.

If you are having problems related to high oil temps then cool the oil.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Exactly.

As an example, here I am, three days ago, putting 11 litres of this stuff in that thing behind me.

OMGWTF!.JPG

We just spent the last two days thrashing it around one of the worlds largest dyno's, Circuit Paul Ricard where, wait for it, our saturated oil temps are a constant 100C. If there were any kind of issues with this stuff then the Mistral straight will certainly let you know.

If you are having problems related to high oil temps then cool the oil.
holy cow man I need more info on that thing? J37 dragster? airplane? lol

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would be more interested in monitoring them if there was something more "elegant" than slapping in a couple gauges. I'm sure adding a sender for oil temp (thought I remember hearing once there is no factory oil temp sender) would be easy but I don't want to have to install an oil temp gauge...

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I would be more interested in monitoring them if there was something more "elegant" than slapping in a couple gauges. I'm sure adding a sender for oil temp (thought I remember hearing once there is no factory oil temp sender) would be easy but I don't want to have to install an oil temp gauge...
If there was something to read the oil temp, you could use an OB2 dongle and use your phone/tablet. I wonder if the Ktuner v2, could read it also (assuming oil temp is being monitored.)

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If there was something to read the oil temp, you could use an OB2 dongle and use your phone/tablet. I wonder if the Ktuner v2, could read it also (assuming oil temp is being monitored.)
I just did a search inside my gmail to quickly find the email I was looking for (man that is a handy feature, found the right email out of 150 in about 2 seconds) and the email I got from Ktuner when I asked said there is no oil temp sender on these cars. This was before the Si and CTR came out so they could possibly differ...
Sponsored