Why so unpredictable power?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Last edited:

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Let me guess, OP, it's a turbo.

Turbos are complicated and a feedback system so plagued with delayed and erratic response.

I went with the NA and never had the slightest regret.
I went with Ktuner and never had the slightest regret. NA at higher altitudes really suck ass. I've driven NA for over 30 years and am in no hurry to go back.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
micah likes the ktuner 1.2.
i like the ktuner v2. no phone apps. just drop the v2 in the cell charge pad area and monitor from there. or flash or whatever.

the 1.2 is not better. just cheaper. the rest is preference.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I agree with Green. Knock on wood, I've never had one issue with my 2017 Touring Sedan. Go to the dealer. Then, get a Ktuner v2 and install the dual tune/21. You'll get consistent power throughout the powerband. It made a world of difference in power delivery. I'm actually surprised that a 1.5L 4 cyl can produce this kind of "oomph". My 1975 Civic CVCC produced 53 HP, which was a big step up from the 40 HP my VW Bug had, lol.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have Injen short ram.
^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE! Read up on Injen Short Ram intakes in threads on the forum. Read Si as well as the Type R forums. They suck in a lot of hot engine bay air. I'm positive this is at least a part of your problem, if not all of it.

OP
OP
EX-Termin8r

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
This thread had been popping lol. Umm I'll decide what I want to replace the short ram with while not going CAI. rains and floods too much here in Texas for that .

Does Ktuner have +6lbs tune?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread had been popping lol. Umm I'll decide what I want to replace the short ram with while not going CAI. rains and floods too much here in Texas for that .

Does Ktuner have +6lbs tune?
Ktuner doesn't go with the +6 +9 nomenclature. They go with psi, so like for the CVT, I run the Dual Starter 21, so it targets 21 psi with eco off and stock with Eco on. +6 can mean so many things, what are you adding +6 psi to, is it the stock 16 (no) or 14 or 12 psi? In my experience I was getting around 18 psi on the +6 when I ran hondata. That was the most boost they would let us CVT users have. When I switched to Ktuner, I get a true 21 psi when I go WOT. Unless you are driving into a lake, the PRL Cobra will be fine even in our Texas rains that do occasionally flood. Just be smart with your driving. Ive seen people keep a second filter so if it is pouring rain, they just disconnect the CAI part and place the filer where the SRI would be.

Also "As far as innovation goes Hondata has pioneered 99% of the features of Honda ECU modification. Many people are not aware of this." Umm maybe in the past you did, but you can't rest on your laurels, you have to continue to innovate, and based on all the comments on this website and others, you have fallen behind and stopped innovating and are now copying to catch up.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I understand where you are coming from, but believe in essence it boils down to that it is taking us too long to release the changes that you would like to see, which I don't see as the same thing as poor service. Unfortunately it does take us some time to implement changes for all the 2016 vehicles, since there are so many variants, but it will get done.

As far as innovation goes Hondata has pioneered 99% of the features of Honda ECU modification. Many people are not aware of this.

Please look at this from our perspective too.
Did you guys ever start supporting all of the 10th gen Civic ECU's (2.0 NA) and all of the Accord ECU'S?? Also how are you guys doing on a full support for the Acura people? Which is basically a Honda ecu...... Just curious... Thanks

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've never owned a turbo, but I'd like for it to be my next "ten year" vehicle. Obviously the car itself will last, but how long are we talking when you say "won't age that well"?

Full disclosure, I've earned my current car for about fourteen years and have only driven 120k miles on it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never owned a turbo, but I'd like for it to be my next "ten year" vehicle. Obviously the car itself will last, but how long are we talking when you say "won't age that well"?

Full disclosure, I've earned my current car for about fourteen years and have only driven 120k miles on it.
ignore his comments, he has bagged on the turbo since day 1, doesnt drive one and makes assumptions that are not rooted in facts, just hatred or disdain because he bought the slower terrible 2.0. If you do your maintenance as scheduled you should have no problems getting 100k miles out of these cars. Remember, even honda said, they could have gotten more power out of the Si, but they were not going to sacrifice honda longevity for more power.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ignore his comments, he has bagged on the turbo since day 1, doesnt drive one and makes assumptions that are not rooted in facts, just hatred or disdain because he bought the slower terrible 2.0. If you do your maintenance as scheduled you should have no problems getting 100k miles out of these cars. Remember, even honda said, they could have gotten more power out of the Si, but they were not going to sacrifice honda longevity for more power.
coo1rim... more like sad4motor

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are already people with 100k+ miles on the turbo motor and no issues, so I don't know why he keeps talking about them as if they are going to explode after you drive them off the lot.
Sponsored