First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm around 40-42mpg (mostly city driving) with some "fun" driving mixed in at times. Awesome MPG in my book!

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
SI for practicality for sure and still tons of fun! no type R cuz the best one around me is 20k+ than what I paid for my SI lol

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My DI turbo 2.3 made around 330 HP at the crank but still did 30 MPGs on a good day. I suspect the CTRs will net over 30 with a light throttle and some hwy miles.

Regardless, impressive mileage. Still evaluating on how accurate the Civic's tripmeter compares to real world results.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
. . . Still evaluating on how accurate the Civic's tripmeter compares to real world results.
In limited data I have found the trip odometer to be slightly optimistic. After about 5 fill-ups, it is averaging about 1 mpg higher than calculated results. This works out to about 2.7% error, which is plenty accurate for practical matters.

In contrast, the low fuel warning seems pretty conservative. It comes on with at least 2 gallons left in the tank. I suppose that conservative is better than wildly optimistic with regard to low fuel warnings.

Nice MPGs, Apostolis!

OP
OP
Apostolis

Apostolis

Greek
First Name
Apostolis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
SI for practicality for sure and still tons of fun! no type R cuz the best one around me is 20k+ than what I paid for my SI lol
Man some dealerships are trying to rip off people hard.

My DI turbo 2.3 made around 330 HP at the crank but still did 30 MPGs on a good day. I suspect the CTRs will net over 30 with a light throttle and some hwy miles.

Regardless, impressive mileage. Still evaluating on how accurate the Civic's tripmeter compares to real world results.
Which vehicle did you have a 2.3L DI Turbo on ? I would love to drive a CTR for a month and see how it can do on the gas mileage department. I feel Honda underrated the MPG by a lot.

In limited data I have found the trip odometer to be slightly optimistic. After about 5 fill-ups, it is averaging about 1 mpg higher than calculated results. This works out to about 2.7% error, which is plenty accurate for practical matters.

In contrast, the low fuel warning seems pretty conservative. It comes on with at least 2 gallons left in the tank. I suppose that conservative is better than wildly optimistic with regard to low fuel warnings.

Nice MPGs, Apostolis!
The fuel warnings I find are definitely conservative. I kinda like it. It is like a friend is gently reminding you to do a chore lol.
I would like to check out the accuracy for myself. I will record some data in my next fill up and see how it compares to your result.

I'm around 40-42mpg (mostly city driving) with some "fun" driving mixed in at times. Awesome MPG in my book!
Funny thing is a friend of mine bought a smart turbo diesel for "MPG" lol and he gets about 38-42mpg and then drove my civic and saw my numbers and decided to sell his smart car

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
Does the Si have a "miles to zero" feature? I liked that on my Fit - took it to zero many times without actually running out of gas. I guess that's what "range" is? I'm still on my first tank and have been playing with the throttle/brake gauge mostly.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the Si have a "miles to zero" feature? I liked that on my Fit - took it to zero many times without actually running out of gas. I guess that's what "range" is? I'm still on my first tank and have been playing with the throttle/brake gauge mostly.
Yes, "range" is the same as "miles to zero"

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Which vehicle did you have a 2.3L DI Turbo on ? I would love to drive a CTR for a month and see how it can do on the gas mileage department. I feel Honda underrated the MPG by a lot.
2009 Mazdaspeed3. The motor is technically a first gen Ecoboost 2.3 but was originally developed by Mazda. The 2.3's in the Mustang and Focus RS have a lot of shared DNA with Mazda's block and a few bits from the head. And the Mustang has done quite good in the hands of conservative owners.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welp...there goes the last benefit us suckers with the base 1.5T had...

:thumbsup:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I doubt you'll see many CTR owners light on the foot lol. Regardless, these motors "should" to be wound up from time to time to ensure optimal fuel flow in the high pressure fuel pump and injectors. In the Mazda community, failing to do so resulted in unusual buildup on the intake valves (particularly the CX-7 SUV). Honda has probably addressed it, but many still suggest full throttling every once in a while.

EDIT: I should probably clarify that the above issue was not directly related to fuel. But rather, Mazda's poor performing PCV.

Last edited:

Old guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Still evaluating on how accurate the Civic's tripmeter compares to real world results.
My first tank the trip meter was high by 2 mpg. The next two tanks have been high by .8 mpg which I like much better.

Low fuel light has come on twice. The first time I had 1.5 gallons left. The second time 2 gallons left. So yea, a rather large safety cushion

OP
OP
Apostolis

Apostolis

Greek
First Name
Apostolis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2009 Mazdaspeed3. The motor is technically a first gen Ecoboost 2.3 but was originally developed by Mazda. The 2.3's in the Mustang and Focus RS have a lot of shared DNA with Mazda's block and a few bits from the head. And the Mustang has done quite good in the hands of conservative owners.
I had one of my friends say the 2.3 L eco boost pushed around 300horse and I was quite skeptical about it. Never bothered me much to actually research it. I guess he wasn't lieing. That's pretty impressive.
Technology keeps advancing day by day. The shameful thing is that consumers get to use old tech, that the big guys have been using for years before it is released to the large public masses for use.

Welp...there goes the last benefit us suckers with the base 1.5T had...

:thumbsup:
I expected to get similar mileage. With the base 1.5T. I think the extra torque helps with keeping the MPG that high. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Aggressive drivers won't be able to get that mpg. Probably closer between 32-36 mpg combined.

My first tank the trip meter was high by 2 mpg. The next two tanks have been high by .8 mpg which I like much better.

Low fuel light has come on twice. The first time I had 1.5 gallons left. The second time 2 gallons left. So yea, a rather large safety cushion
I wonder if there is a learning curve on the fuel management on the ECU, before it adjusts to more accurate readings.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
[]
Sponsored

Last edited: