Why no titanium front pipes?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Not many places offer it because titanium gets very weak and brittle when exposed to very high temp and the downpipe/frontpipe is probably not enough distance away from the turbo to keep it within a safe temperature.

I know rampage has a prototype and tested it for a bit and ti became kind of like an acid green color towards the inlet side of the frontpipe which is supposedly the hottest it can get before its done. They did say they are going to put it into production with a warranty though. This was quite a while back so idk if theres any of the production units floating around.

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
To build on Boosted's comment. Here is the FB Civic FK8 Type R Owners group link by Rampage on their Ti front pipe. You may need to join to see it.

Rampage's comments
Just pulled our 3" Ti Front pipe off the shop car to inspect and then build a jig. The first 2 units are already sold but you can get on the list by emailing [email protected]. These are made from 1.2mm titanium, and this pipe should have cracked without a flex joint, but hasnt. Production units will have flex and at least a 2 year warranty. Titanium does become very weak and brittle when exposed to very high temperatures, you can see towards the inlet side the colors indicate higher temps- salmon/toxic green is the hottest you can go before its toast. Once the tubing is grey its just a matter of time before it disintegrates. No pricing on them yet.
Weighs about 2-3 lbs
Honda Civic 10th gen Why no titanium front pipes? 1621720315949

OP
OP
BrokeCTROwner

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Not many places offer it because titanium gets very weak and brittle when exposed to very high temp and the downpipe/frontpipe is probably not enough distance away from the turbo to keep it within a safe temperature.

I know rampage has a prototype and tested it for a bit and ti became kind of like an acid green color towards the inlet side of the frontpipe which is supposedly the hottest it can get before its done. They did say they are going to put it into production with a warranty though. This was quite a while back so idk if theres any of the production units floating around.
Wasn’t sequence planning to make one to pair with their exhaust as well?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Im not sure about sequence. I know they have one prototype floating around but not sure.
boost logic said they will eventually make one but not in Ti.

rampage so far is the only one that i know of who is moving on with the project. Not sure how its going to be priced though.

OP
OP
BrokeCTROwner

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Im not sure about sequence. I know they have one prototype floating around but not sure.
boost logic said they will eventually make one but not in Ti.

rampage so far is the only one that i know of who is moving on with the project. Not sure how its going to be priced though.
Knowing rampage we’ll definitely be paying for it

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
Just to close this loop for future searchers. Email response from Mitch @ Rampage on 11/8.

We do not produce titanium front pipes. We did a limited run of 3 for ourselves and a couple select customers, but at this time will not be going into production with them.
Sponsored