jt7500

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe
Country flag
Just took this 2020 Coupe home. I was looking for a sedan but fell in lovee with the coupe. Reminds me of the CRX that I loved as a kid. I think this one will be a classic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why no love for the coupe IMG_3695
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just took this 2020 Coupe home. I was looking for a sedan but fell in lovee with the coupe. Reminds me of the CRX that I loved as a kid. I think this one will be a classic.

IMG_3695.jpg
the body lines are great i love my white coupe

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ll agree with your concept but unfortunately that configuration wouldn’t put a two door in a affordable category it would be more of a super car configuration

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
It's funny how Honda sells a lot fewer Si coupes than sedans but when I was looking for my Si in SoCal and Phoenix areas the coupes outnumbered the sedans by 2:1. I went for the sedan primarily for those (post-COVID) Costco toilet paper and paper towel runs -- they have to go in the back seat and it's a lot easier with four doors.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve posted in many threads about coupes Others and myself
everyone has to post why the coupe isn’t “ PRACTICAL “ maybe for most because you have kids,pets friends or you want to use your car as a taxicab ( uber ) that fine for you
this is why I bought and own a coupe
# 1 always like the looks of a two door ( coupe,hatchback,fastback design)
#2 I don’t need to carry anything ( trunk is big enough for a few grocery bags)
#3 I am single not married no kids don’t plan on marriage and it’s to late for me to have kids ( 52 years old)
this is the thing I always wanted a Turbo coupe and through out the years never had a chance to own one and since coupes are getting rarer i had the chance to buy a EX turbo coupe in 2018
its a fun to drive good performer daily driver with a sporty look
that’s way a coupe is practical for me am sure many coupe owners
on this forum can post why a coupe is practical for them :)

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I always thought 2-door cars looked nice. Back in the day you’d buy a 2-door pillarless car & most people called it a 2-door hard top vs. a 2-door sedan with a pillar. A good example is the Dodge or Plymouth shown next to the Civic in posting #83. But you’d rarely hear the term coupe.

FWIW - When searching for the definition of a coupe what usually shows up is something like this where they state “A coupe is defined as a car with less than 33 cubic feet of interior space, according to the Society of Automotive Engineers. Any car with 33 or more cubic feet of interior volume is considered to be a sedan, regardless of the door count.
https://www.hiltonheadhonda.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-a-coupe-and-a-sedan/

I think the stigma of 4-door cars being old fashioned or clunky has changed over the years because they’ve become sleeker looking. Perhaps a lot of people think 4-door cars look nicer than they used to & also have the rear doors for convenience so why not buy the 4-door version.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I always thought 2-door cars looked nice. Back in the day you’d buy a 2-door pillarless car & most people called it a 2-door hard top vs. a 2-door sedan with a pillar. A good example is the Dodge or Plymouth shown next to the Civic in posting #83. But you’d rarely hear the term coupe.

FWIW - When searching for the definition of a coupe what usually shows up is something like this where they state “A coupe is defined as a car with less than 33 cubic feet of interior space, according to the Society of Automotive Engineers. Any car with 33 or more cubic feet of interior volume is considered to be a sedan, regardless of the door count.
https://www.hiltonheadhonda.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-a-coupe-and-a-sedan/

I think the stigma of 4-door cars being old fashioned or clunky has changed over the years because they’ve become sleeker looking. Perhaps a lot of people think 4-door cars look nicer than they used to & also have the rear doors for convenience so why not buy the 4-door version.
Yes my mother had a 1977 Chrysler New Yorker hardtop sedan with a moonroof ( was originally my grandmother’s) with all windows and the moonroof open who needed a convertible on a nice summer night. Members could go back and forth on which is a better model
coupe or a sedan I made my statement why I own a coupe
in my opinion it was all downhill for the coupe design when some manufacturers put the third flipper door on a coupe

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Coupe and sedan aren’t defined by the number of doors. A sedan is a “3 box” design, with a defined hood, cabin and trunk. Coupe literally means cut in French, and in terms of automobiles, is a car “cut” after the rear window, so has no defined trunk. Hence all of these 4 door coupes nowadays (including the Civic “sedan”).
Sponsored