saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
the civic coupe is the best looking car out there from the Lx to Si and the new sport trim
All I read is sedan and hachback . Is coupes really dying honda is still keeping the civic coupe
They did drop the accord coupe that was a great design too the civic type r is a great looking car
But I still think it should be a coupe
Sponsored

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I think it probably has a lot to do with practicality. I bought an Si Coupe because I honestly didn't even need a rear seat.

I have a friend that bought a new car, but chose a sedan specifically because "I get into the back seat a lot".

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say the hatch is the most popular due to the fact that:
1)The Type-R is a hatch. Given the R's popularity, it's bound to make the regular hatchbacks (which obviously have a very close body style to it) way more popular than the other body styles.
2)Practicality isn't lost for it's looks. I think the body lines fit the best on the coupes, but you lose the practicality of an easily accessible back seat and hatch. The body lines arguably fit just as good if not better on the hatch, and you don't lose any practicality. At the end of the day Civics are still 'econoboxes'/family cars so practicality is a top priority, even for guys like myself on here who are tuned and/or doing performance mods.

This is all coming from a guy who was very torn between an '18 hatch and an '18 coupe, and it ended up coming down to number 2. I still see pics of coupes on here and think "Why didnt I get a coupe instead" sometimes, lol.

What I will say is that I don't think Civic coupes are dying at all. On here I see more coupes than sedans (personally), and on the road I see more coupes than sedans and hatches (again, in my area).

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going to buy a coupe but I felt like I had more room in the sedan, even though the measurements are the same...plus resale is always higher on sedans and I didn't want to have to trade it in if I got someone pregnant

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd say the hatch is the most popular due to the fact that:
1)The Type-R is a hatch. Given the R's popularity, it's bound to make the regular hatchbacks (which obviously have a very close body style to it) way more popular than the other body styles.
2)Practicality isn't lost for it's looks. I think the body lines fit the best on the coupes, but you lose the practicality of an easily accessible back seat and hatch. The body lines arguably fit just as good if not better on the hatch, and you don't lose any practicality. At the end of the day Civics are still 'econoboxes'/family cars so practicality is a top priority, even for guys like myself on here who are tuned and/or doing performance mods.

This is all coming from a guy who was very torn between an '18 hatch and an '18 coupe, and it ended up coming down to number 2. I still see pics of coupes on here and think "Why didnt I get a coupe instead" sometimes, lol.

What I will say is that I don't think Civic coupes are dying at all. On here I see more coupes than sedans (personally), and on the road I see more coupes than sedans and hatches (again, in my area).
Were I live see mostly sedans and hatchbacks if I see a civic coupe it’s usually a 8th gen or 9th gen I’ve seen maybe four 10th gen coupe in my area

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To me, a sedan says family car. I don't have kids at home any longer ,just me and the wife, so I wanted something sportier looking, like the coupes I had when I was younger. Although my favorite car I ever had, was considered a hatch back I guess, an 85 supra.
Its all personal preference, I just don't consider 4 doors as sporty looking as two, and after riding in both ,the coupe definitely handles and rides better.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
the civic type r is a great looking car
But I still think it should be a coupe
The CTR has never been a coupe but it would have been nice to see for the Xgen.

I got a coupe because I think they look way better and I rarely ever have more than 1 passenger. I came from a Fit so I lost a lot of potential practicality but I didn't feel I needed all that anymore. If I needed more room, I probably would have gone with the sedan. I'm really not a huge fan of the profile of the hatchback. It's the rear half of the car that just rubs me the wrong way.

I think the coupe is just sexy.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
To me, a sedan says family car. I don't have kids at home any longer ,just me and the wife, so I wanted something sportier looking, like the coupes I had when I was younger. Although my favorite car I ever had, was considered a hatch back I guess, an 85 supra.
Its all personal preference, I just don't consider 4 doors as sporty looking as two, and after riding in both ,the coupe definitely handles and rides better.
I've driven coupes since the 60's always preferred the sleekness & style, no kids so definitely resonate to Rickmeister 48. Coupes have always been the style leaders ( along with convertibles) , I dunno, a coupe, for me, has always been a more "intimate" style for me, both my wife & I prefer this body style, we'll drive coupes as long as they're available. I still think a Type R would be more of a "sports car" if it were a coupe. I also miss the 3-door hatchback, loved my '91 CRX Si!. Four doors & 5 doors are "family sedans to me, nothing wrong with that, I just prefer a Coupe, it's about style & preference. The GenX Coupe is a beautiful thing! :) Now were a bit older, my wife's Fit is her grocery getter, the smaller, lighter doors are easier for her to handle, if it were made as a 3-door hatch, we'd have gone that route.

Last edited:

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Two doors gets the whores!

But the coupe isnt as small as people think. I can literally fit all my military gear(oversized duffel, rucksack, backpack, sleeping bag, helmet, body armor, etc) into the trunk of my coupe. It’s so great.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dealership I was at only had one coupe it was a 2.0 four I wanted to test drive the turbo they had a hachback witch the sells person was trying to sell me I had the coupe in mind but after driving the hatchback
And when the coupe I wanted came in ext modern steel it handle better the the hatchback

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
All cars nowadays are fighting an uphill battle against ghastly suvs and trucks. That leaves the pool for car buyers much smaller. Of those dwindling car buyers most want or need practicality, and this leaves coupes with the fuzzy end of the lollipop with probably the smallest number of car customers interested in only 2 doors.
For me it was never a question of which body style to get. Since seeing a 10 gen white Si coupe for the first time in a nighttime Honda lot in summer 2017, I was sold on that car and body style, and I didn’t care if I couldn’t haul the F%@&!#? loved ones or Home Depot timber with it

Last edited:
OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All cars nowadays are fighting an uphill battle against ghastly suvs and trucks. That leaves the pool for car buyers much smaller. Of those dwindling car buyers most want or need practicality, and this leaves coupes with the fuzzy end of the lollipop with probably the smallest number of car customers interested in only 2 doors.
For me it was never a question of which body style to get. Since seeing a 10 gen white Si coupe for the first time in a nighttime Honda lot in summer 2017, I was sold on that car and body style, and I didn’t care if I couldn’t haul F%@&!#? loved ones or Home Depot timber with it
Thank you I needed to hear that statement from someone else
Every post has given a good answer so far

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I had a 5th gen Civic coupe (long time ago). Great car, but once a while I had to drive a couple of friends and it wasn't practical. The 10th gen hatchback is so much better in every way, and you lose nothing over the coupe.

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si, '17 MX5, '01 Miata
Country flag
The coupe is the same price as the sedan and hatchback. Si coupe is the same price as the Si sedan. The sedan and hatchback are much more usable. If I could get over the looks of the sedan and hatch with all the stupid plastic design work, I would have bought an Si sedan. The coupe looks the best, but it's the least useful. As a single dude with no kids, all I need is a car that can fit 4 tires and wheels in the back so I can get race sets mounted. The coupe makes this kind of annoying, but it works. The sedan would have been a lot easier, but again... it's ugly.

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
I feel for most people it is based on practicality. I drove my 08 si coupe for a decade but as i got older, priorties changed when it came for a new car. I went with the hatch just because i needed more space
Sponsored