Why is MAF scaling on new efr turbo map back to stock?

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I was looking through the new released tunes and looking at hondata fuel system with efr turbo map. It doesn’t have a corrected MAF scaling. Only the older full race tunes have a scaled MAF for the 3.5 inch MAF housing. I did notice the fuel trim offset at almost 20 percent. Same goes for other hondata fuel system tunes.
not correcting MAF scaling when increasing MAF housing can cause lean afr.
Also the new VE correction tables are the same on all tunes so that won’t compensate for MAF housing. I’m going to guess this was an over sight.
It helps get injectors inline but I’d prefer to see injector scaling. It would be nice to also see suggestive correction available on VE tables. This could speed up the process drastically.
Or having a 3D datalog graph would be just as good.
this way you can do something like aircharge vs St strim vs rpm.
Sponsored

Last edited:

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I was looking through the new released tunes and looking at hondata fuel system with efr turbo map. It doesn’t have a corrected MAF scaling. Only the older full race tunes have a scaled MAF for the 3.5 inch MAF housing. I did notice the fuel trim offset at almost 20 percent. Same goes for other hondata fuel system tunes.
not correcting MAF scaling when increasing MAF housing can cause lean afr.
Also the new VE correction tables are the same on all tunes so that won’t compensate for MAF housing. I’m going to guess this was an over sight.
It helps get injectors inline but I’d prefer to see injector scaling. It would be nice to also see suggestive correction available on VE tables. This could speed up the process drastically.
Or having a 3D datalog graph would be just as good.
this way you can do something like aircharge vs St strim vs rpm.
Have you tried to do corrections to AFM voltage curve ?

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Get the motec duuuuuuude
I have no reason to burn 7000 dollars on a car that is daily driven. Too many people place value in motec when every part that the stock ecu can control the parameters can be changed. If you ever used HP tuners or Cobb you’d know. Everything from load calculation , intake volume, true VE tables, wastegate pid, fuel offset, fuel by cylinder, flex fuel, gear ratio Ect ect. I can think of so little benefit to cost ratio when it comes down to it. There’s a reason fully built time attack guys still use stock ecu. If Cobb or hptuners got a hold of this and did what they do you would never see the word motec on this forum again. I’ve used Cobb on focus rs which has a med17. There is almost nothing it can’t do.
motec works for running port which you can do with a split second controller anyway. yiucan connect other expensive racing modules but who uses those on a street car. Every single parameter inside that ecu can be changed.
yes the open software is convenient. I’m not paying 7000 for software. Not especially when I know what can be done on that ecu.
Sponsored