blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/fit...3-style-front-bumper-lip-2pc-gloss-black.html

they have two new style front splitter/lips that are for all models but (Will Not Fit Hatchback, Type R, Si, I-Style Trim) they come pre-painted gloss black, or with a gloss carbon look. Why the hell would they make these and not have them fit the SI, R, or hatchback? those are the owners who want these on their cars.
Sponsored

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm honestly surprised it doesn't fit those trim levels, is it not a pretty universal front bumper?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because that's what their supplier has issued them. I'm sure they're working on options for other trims as well, but worldwide the Civic Sedan outsells all other variants combined by a large margin so they have to focus on that first.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Like @CanadiaegeanBlue mentioned, the regular Civic sedans FAR outsell the Si and hatch, so there are more aftermarket accessories for the base models. Be happy that we have a lot of aftermarket performance parts for the Si!

And forget that lip. No subtlety. I don't even like their R style ones with the little wings on the end lol. I like the HFP one, but didn't want it red, so I just ordered this:

Honda Civic 10th gen WHY is IKON motorsports making gloss Front lips for non SI s-l400

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Like @CanadiaegeanBlue mentioned, the regular Civic sedans FAR outsell the Si and hatch, so there are more aftermarket accessories for the base models. Be happy that we have a lot of aftermarket performance parts for the Si!

And forget that lip. No subtlety. I don't even like their R style ones with the little wings on the end lol. I like the HFP one, but didn't want it red, so I just ordered this:

s-l400.jpg
I’ve been considering the HFP lip as well and yes I agree the red might be a little much. The Australian market sells the HFP in black but after shipping, it might be cheaper to just paint the red one gloss black. Where did you order yours and how does it fit?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been considering the HFP lip as well and yes I agree the red might be a little much. The Australian market sells the HFP in black but after shipping, it might be cheaper to just paint the red one gloss black. Where did you order yours and how does it fit?
Got it on ebay a few weeks back. Haven't had a chance to install yet since it's been cold here in the midwest!

Looks pretty good. It's thin, but sturdy and flexible. The material has a gloss to it, too, so no need to paint. Has 2 rows of mounting holes so you can make it stick it out more or less.

SiAntwan928

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just bought the HFP style lip on eBay that @arpypat mentioned. Hopefully I can get It installed within the next week or so.

Honda Civic 10th gen WHY is IKON motorsports making gloss Front lips for non SI AF84FD29-7DA7-4922-8816-67FF563496C4

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Also because the Si & Hatchback bumper all have a stock “lip” where as the other models do not have anything at all

SiAntwan928

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the lip installed today. Fits perfectly and doesn’t sit low at low. Almost looks like the hatch sport lip.

Honda Civic 10th gen WHY is IKON motorsports making gloss Front lips for non SI 7490BA91-5899-4E0A-BA17-CAD467DA44D9

Honda Civic 10th gen WHY is IKON motorsports making gloss Front lips for non SI F85EA027-379E-4C54-8FAD-07C9DBA294B6

Honda Civic 10th gen WHY is IKON motorsports making gloss Front lips for non SI F6377E4F-766D-4925-90C5-F6CBDCB6ED98

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I have one of the gloss black lips Ikon makes on my sport coupe. It kinda is unfortunate though, since nobody makes a gloss black side skirt to match it for the coupe.
Sponsored