Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think the issue has nothing to do with what you’re offering which is way above and beyond…. To say the least.
I just don’t think the people that own these cars are as serious about tuning as owners of prior years of civic owners are….
It’s just a completely different generation…
It definitely think there's some truth there, and I understand that. I guess the frustration I have is simply that so many people who have tuned and freely talk about their tune in posts throughout the forum, don't add their cars to my tuning reliability thread. It seems like a no-brainer to me but I guess I think differently.
It would be a genuine loss if you left, the issues seem fixable. Kind of like the ones you generously diagnose...
I appreciate that and I appreciate that you notice I do try to help as much as I can. I can genuinely say that a good portion of my posts are helping people. And honestly, I enjoy helping if I can. I will say that this thread has gotten the attention of some people who have recently added their cars to the reliability thread. And that's a good thing.

I know this will sound corny to many but I look at this site as a community, not just "some site". I get it, not everyone feels the same, but... if you're tuned and you add your car to the tuned reliability thread (whether you realize it or not) you're help someone out. You'd be surprised how many people have told me that that thread was the deciding factor in them tuning.
Sponsored

The Hornet

First Name
Joy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic Type R Limited Edition
Country flag
Getting tuned in 2 weeks, will update then. Thank you for the info and please don't leave

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I think we all at some point have to realize we’re probably on the last leg of tuning newer gas powered cars… probably less then a decade of new cars with gas engines in our future… we could be at the last gen or two at most of what we know of as civics…
I swapped my first civic in 2000 an ef I had since 97 that me and a friend put a zc into… watching the community change so much since then, all of this sort of makes sense….
The days of Honda-tech, b20vtec and k20a.org are not “over” but so different that they may as well be…
Either way don’t let it get to you brother, I still get just as much enjoyment driving my Honda’s as I did the first time…
Just not as much with my ‘18 si as I do with my k swapped eg coupe….

whatever happens in the future with our cars I know for sure I’ll always support the H badge!

It definitely think there's some truth there, and I understand that. I guess the frustration I have is simply that so many people who have tuned and freely talk about their tune in posts throughout the forum, don't add their cars to my tuning reliability thread. It seems like a no-brainer to me but I guess I think differently.

I appreciate that and I appreciate that you notice I do try to help as much as I can. I can genuinely say that a good portion of my posts are helping people. And honestly, I enjoy helping if I can. I will say that this thread has gotten the attention of some people who have recently added their cars to the reliability thread. And that's a good thing.

I know this will sound corny to many but I look at this site as a community, not just "some site". I get it, not everyone feels the same, but... if you're tuned and you add your car to the tuned reliability thread (whether you realize it or not) you're help someone out. You'd be surprised how many people have told me that that thread was the deciding factor in them tuning.

TexMex

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
A lot of it has to do with negativity bias. If something isn't working right, people are more likely to research and post about it. It's the same with online reviews for businesses, most people reviewing need an amazing experience to write a good review and only a slightly poor experience to write a bad one. Either way, I know there's a lot of members here that appreciate your efforts and I intend to add my car to the list after I purchase it and subsequently tune it. This forum might not be perfect but it's far better than ClubRSX was back in the day with the clowns that used to post there!

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I feel like since day one I've been a good, helpful member. Contributing as much as I can to make CIvicX a great forum.

As most of you know my big project is the Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread. I constantly try to update the stats with new info and try to get tuned owners onboard. It's sort of a full time project for me but I like doing it.

But these days I'm dealing with way too much frustration from my fellow members. Not only do 90% of the people who I know are tuned reject my invitation to join the thread but I also get tons of PM's asking me to either diagnose their tuning issue or give tuning advice. And I reply to 99+% of those requests.
I had some dude PM me and get all pissy that I was telling people that I can hook them up with available CTRs in my area selling for MSRP......because he assumed I was referring to his in transit :rolleyes: nothing coming from Honda bros surprises me anymore.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had some dude PM me and get all pissy that I was telling people that I can hook them up with available CTRs in my area selling for MSRP......because he assumed I was referring to his in transit :rolleyes: nothing coming from Honda bros surprises me anymore.
hey take his from transit and send it to me lol

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
You’re definitely a big help. Sometimes people need to feel appreciated and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’ve definitely fell off with this forum because I’m busy working a full and part time job. Saving up for a couple parts and will get a tune soon. Sometimes the chase is the fun part, when I’m done with my car. That’s pretty much it. Lol. But I appreciate you bro and I’d assume a lot of people here do, but they just don’t post as much. Sorry about your wife too, sometimes we need a distraction and this might be consuming too much of your time. Maybe do something outdoors.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you speak at one constant volume
At one constant pitch
At one constant rhythm
Right into their ear
They still won't hear

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I’ve posted in the thread before, but with pandemic and only driving like 3k a year but receiving multiple messages to update the thread does get kind of old. I love the work that you are doing and I’ve read through most of it. There’s just not a lot of activity from a lot of people right now

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve posted in the thread before, but with pandemic and only driving like 3k a year but receiving multiple messages to update the thread does get kind of old. I love the work that you are doing and I’ve read through most of it. There’s just not a lot of activity from a lot of people right now
Jon, I just searched the tuning thread and actually no, you haven't posted your car there.

I mostly only send messages to tuned owners not in the thread and once in a while ask folks to update who are in the thread.

If you want to check, go to the tuning reliability thread. Then use search. Check "this thread" in the search box. Then fill in your member name. The results come up empty.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Jon, I just searched the tuning thread and actually no, you haven't posted your car there.

I mostly only send messages to tuned owners not in the thread and once in a while ask folks to update who are in the thread.

If you want to check, go to the tuning reliability thread. Then use search. Check "this thread" in the search box. Then fill in your member name. The results come up empty.
Could’ve sworn I did before, added mine just now

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

I have the feeling this happens a lot. I'll message someone about the thread and they'll say "sure, I'll add my car" and then they don't. I think what happens is most people are just busy and forget about it, which is totally understandable.

Every car added helps the community and our tuning knowledge, so thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Revisiting this topic a few weeks later. We did have a little surge in the reliability thread when I started this topic. Now it's back to normal. Folks ignoring my pleas to add their tuned cars or updates to help the community. I get it. Doing so means someone has to take 5 minutes out of their busy day to do something to help others That's a lot to ask, right?

Reality is, we all have our breaking point so to speak. I do want to thank those who have been active in the thread and have helped out. I want to thank those who have added their cars when I asked them via personal messaging and those who do update.

The thing is though, when I go through the new posts list, a large portion of the chat is about tuning. And I see people who I've messaged (and I've helped) who simply refuse to post in the community tuning thread. That's frustrating as hell and it show that a good majority here aren't team players. Sure they post about their car but have no interest in really being a community member. It's all about look at me, help me... me me me.

Anyway, I guess it's all your point of view. Being older and having run online communities for 25 years I have a different perspective from most.

CivicX is a really nice forum. We have some great, helpful members here.

But for me, I need to step back a bit. I still hope people will add their cars and add updates to my tuning experience/reliability thread. I will still keep the stats updated.

Last edited:

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
We really appreciate the effort your por into this community, man.

Even though there will be people that may not contribute. Most, or a very significant amount will.

The information on those threads is essential to the people that like this car and modding in general.

Don't let a few examples of selfish people make all of that effort count for nothing.

You rock, man!

In my car in particular, all of this info helped me a lot. Keep it up, please.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We really appreciate the effort your por into this community, man.

Even though there will be people that may not contribute. Most, or a very significant amount will.

The information on those threads is essential to the people that like this car and modding in general.

Don't let a few examples of selfish people make all of that effort count for nothing.

You rock, man!

In my car in particular, all of this info helped me a lot. Keep it up, please.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
It's appreciated Thanks for that.

Without naming names let me throw out what's been happening and you tell me if I should or shouldn't be frustrated...

Members A, B and C ask me for help. Either in a post or they PM me. I help them. They go on to continue to write about their tuning experience in various posts but not my tuning thread.

I message A, B and C and ask them to add their car. They don't reply or add their car to my community tuning thread.

That happens almost daily. Put yourself in my place. How would you feel?

I know I shouldn't take it personally. I know most people these days are lazy. But knowing that and being able to not let it bug you are two different things.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.