First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be sure to smash that like button, hit subscribe, and click that bell so you get updates any time I post up! /s

It's the internet's version of "this meeting could've been an e-mail"
Sponsored

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
@gtman as soon as my warranty is done on the bumper to bumper I'm going to be tuning my civic. I've read countless posts and your reliability thread (I promise I will contribute once I get tuned), and it helped me get educated on what is good for my CVT transmission, and what isn't with all the posts, and feedback people have said about this car. I've learned so much and agree with everyone saying that sometimes you just need to take a break, but looks like you won't. I appreciate and want to contribute posts of my own, but I don't think anyone will get excited over me only having visual mods done to my civic at this time haha.

Heck, the "what did you do to your civic today" thread seems that I'll get lost in the wash because of how popular that thread is. I came from owning a 2001 and 2006 Chevy Impala's before I got my Civic. I drove an Accord on a lease then got a 2018 Civic and now have my 2020 Civic. I tuned My 2001 Impala myself by tuning all on the streets. I tuned my 2006, but not as much as my 2001 was done. It had full bolt on parts and I was about to supercharge it before it got totaled. Took it to a dyno and I had almost as much HP as a stock Grand Prix GTP. I've always been all for tuning when possible because it brings out the best in the vehicle that the OEM didn't want to do, or felt they had to be conservative for reliability sake which makes sense for the everyday person, but I'm not an everyday person. I still have my HP Tuner for my Chevy and I have a DHP Tuner which, that company went under years ago. I will probably be getting KTuner since I hear so much about it over Hondata. I greatly appreciate your posts gtman. It's helped me learn a lot.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like since day one I've been a good, helpful member. Contributing as much as I can to make CIvicX a great forum.

As most of you know my big project is the Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread. I constantly try to update the stats with new info and try to get tuned owners onboard. It's sort of a full time project for me but I like doing it.

But these days I'm dealing with way too much frustration from my fellow members. Not only do 90% of the people who I know are tuned reject my invitation to join the thread but I also get tons of PM's asking me to either diagnose their tuning issue or give tuning advice. And I reply to 99+% of those requests.

Here's a typical the message to me today...

Again, I don't mind helping. But (as with most people asking for help), they haven't added their car to my tuning thread and it's not right. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. If you want to get help, post your tuned car in my thread.
You are an asset to civicx, don't leave just because some negative experience.
There are always ppl just take and not give. In fact, most ppl are like that. But there are still a small portion that love to share and contribute like you do.

And yea, make it a rule that if anyone ask you anything, they are obligated to share according to your rule, no excuse.
If they don't want that, they are welcome to pay any etuner to answer their concerns.

I believe I have previously shared my two civicx tuned experience but just in case I haven't, I will post my two built later today.

Keep up your great work man.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate that.

I just feel strongly that the tuning reliability/ experience survey/thread is really important for the community. And I'm not saying that as a way to somehow brag about it because I came up with the idea.

If it was someone else's thread I'd be contributing for sure. I remember before I decided to tune how worried I was about warranty and reliability. If something like my tuning thread existed back then it would have been a huge help.

And the only way it keeps getting better and better is for people to add their car and add updates. And sure, it's frustrating when most people reject my offer to join in. On the other hand, every car added get two :thumbsup::thumbsup:from me.

topher_fc3

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just feel strongly that the tuning reliability/ experience survey/thread is really important for the community. And I'm not saying that as a way to somehow brag about it because I came up with the idea.
For your own sake I think you need to understand that not everyone will share that sentiment, and that’s okay.

People that are new to the forum may be turned off by being pressured into posting in that thread, especially repeatedly. Some people don’t want to publicly post that they’re tuned, and that’s okay as well.

You can’t control what other people do
won’t do, getting upset that they won’t do what you want will get you absolutely nowhere.

That thread is a great thread with helpful info, I’ve added my car and posted an update, but this forum is much bigger than that thread itself and offers other information and experiences that people come here to look for. Apparently easier said than done, but if someone doesn’t post there don’t take it personally and just keep moving forward with the participation you have.

Whether or not this advice is considered or brushed off, I hope you have an excellent weekend.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For your own sake I think you need to understand that not everyone will share that sentiment, and that’s okay.
Some people don’t want to publicly post that they’re tuned, and that’s okay as well.
I get that. But please understand that I ONLY personal message people that already have posted in the forum that they were tuned. I've been doing this "forum thing" and have administered car forums since the 1990's.

Most people that do ultimately post in the thread actually thank me for the heads up because many don't know it exists.

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
So, I tried to let this slide but I had to post it...
Seems like that single sentence was taxing for him. What I don't get is that nobody is looking for a 10-page thesis paper on 'Why I chose to tune my civic.' There are, what, 10 questions? None of which require anything more than a word or two response to be useful. I understand your frustration man.

Some people's children...

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I feel like since day one I've been a good, helpful member. Contributing as much as I can to make CIvicX a great forum.

As most of you know my big project is the Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread. I constantly try to update the stats with new info and try to get tuned owners onboard. It's sort of a full time project for me but I like doing it.

But these days I'm dealing with way too much frustration from my fellow members. Not only do 90% of the people who I know are tuned reject my invitation to join the thread but I also get tons of PM's asking me to either diagnose their tuning issue or give tuning advice. And I reply to 99+% of those requests.

Again, I don't mind helping. But (as with most people asking for help), they haven't added their car to my tuning thread and it's not right. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. If you want to get help, post your tuned car in my thread.
I hope this message reaches those people and makes things less frustrating for you. I think most people expect free advice, but don't think about the big picture. good luck, hopefully you don't leave.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like that single sentence was taxing for him. What I don't get is that nobody is looking for a 10-page thesis paper on 'Why I chose to tune my civic.' There are, what, 10 questions? None of which require anything more than a word or two response to be useful. I understand your frustration man.

Some people's children...
Yeah. I mean, I literally lay it out as a copy paste format. Like you said there are 10 items. You just fill in the blanks with your info.

For fun, I just timed myself filling in a mock "survey". It took me 3 minutes... taking my time. :cool: Sure it would be better with more detail but even a basic post like that helps the community and builds up the thread.

Vehicle: 2017 Civic hatch
Total tuned time: 20 months
Tuned miles driven: 20,000
Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2
Tunes used: Phearable Stage 1.5
Fuel used: Sunoco 93 Ultra
Additional related mods: PRL Cobra
Problems/issues: None
Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts.
Tuning experience notes: My car went from a peppy commuter to a bit of a sleeper.

Last edited:

GrandpaG10

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic G10
Country flag
Late to the party! Gtman, don’t leave. I’ve been a member for less than a month. You entertained my dumb questions on two occasions regarding tuning. I read all your post regarding the ktuner and after reading and messaging you, I decided to buy a used one. Simply amazing. My Honda 2. slow is a little faster now a days thanks to your help. After 2 weeks of having it, I contributed to your Experience and Reliability thread. Update will be in 6 months. Thanks again.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Late to the party! Gtman, don’t leave. I’ve been a member for less than a month. You entertained my dumb questions on two occasions regarding tuning. I read all your post regarding the ktuner and after reading and messaging you, I decided to buy a used one. Simply amazing. My Honda 2. slow is a little faster now a days thanks to your help. After 2 weeks of having it, I contributed to your Experience and Reliability thread. Update will be in 6 months. Thanks again.
That sounds fantastic. Thank you.

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
That was the worst part of my CivicX buying experience. The finance guy came at me hard. And when he saw where I worked, he hit me with "my sister works for them too... great company". For 10 minutes he tried to butter me up and tell me reason after reason why I JUST HAD TO get the extended warranty. After 10 brutal minutes he finally gave up.

My thing with extended warranties has always been if I need it, that means the car you are selling me isn't reliable, so why would I buy it....about half the time that shuts them up, the other half the time I walk out. Of course, I have had less cars my entire life than most here have had the last 10 years, so not like I go through that very often.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yooo don't leave! I really appreciate you in the forum and you play a big role here and is very important.
To those people who are messaging you, make it a rule to participate in the reliability thread before you assist in helping them.
Take a break also. If there is a way I can help you respond to these messages and update your thread, I would be glad to.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I think the issue has nothing to do with what you’re offering which is way above and beyond…. To say the least.
I just don’t think the people that own these cars are as serious about tuning as owners of prior years of civic owners are….
It’s just a completely different generation…

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would be a genuine loss if you left, the issues seem fixable. Kind of like the ones you generously diagnose...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.