Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This happens to a ton of people that are too nice. They get walked all over. It doesn’t hurt to start ignoring people to take a break.

Also, since you have time on your hands and SEE a lot of people posting their builds and whatnot, but don’t post on your thread, why don’t YOU add them to your statistics? Yeah, you might not know their driving habits or issues but you can see their mods and guess their mileage based on their history.
I've thought about that but since I base the stats on the 10 area "survey" format in the original post, things would tend to be a bit inaccurate. I just think it's "cleaner" and more precise if folks actually add their info to the thread. Hard facts versus an educated guess, you know?

On the other hand, if you look at some of the notes and observations I make in the thread about tuning, some of that is based on my general knowledge of 10th gen tuning as well as the thread stats.
Sponsored

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, you're the reason I'm tuned since joining this forum. I remember you and Myx's advice, the help I received when looking for a PRL Cobra CAI. Such good memories and the one of the reasons why I am still on this forum.

If you're wanting a break then by all means, but I would be really really sad if you had left. Your impact/presence on this forum is irreplaceable in my opinion.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey GTMAN!

I think you’ve helped me more times than I can remember, but for certain I’ll be posting my car to the tuned survey. After Honda denied my warranty on bullshit terms despite being completely un tuned I figured I wasn’t going to get any help. Honda’s customer service isn’t what it used to be. I’m currently in possession of BOTH Ktuner and Hondata modules, and I’m willing to write a report on both! I fully agree with other posters, if you’re not feeling it, take a break. Also: if there’s one thing I’ve learned about people my age (late college), they are entitled. Thankless is a theme haha. Regardless, I appreciate what you do a ton, because running a massive user survey would kill me.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I feel like since day one I've been a good, helpful member. Contributing as much as I can to make CIvicX a great forum.

As most of you know my big project is the Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread. I constantly try to update the stats with new info and try to get tuned owners onboard. It's sort of a full time project for me but I like doing it.

But these days I'm dealing with way too much frustration from my fellow members. Not only do 90% of the people who I know are tuned reject my invitation to join the thread but I also get tons of PM's asking me to either diagnose their tuning issue or give tuning advice. And I reply to 99+% of those requests.

Here's a typical the message to me...

Again, I don't mind helping. But (as with most people asking for help), they haven't added their car to my tuning thread and it's not right. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. If you want to get help, post your tuned car in my thread.
I respect it ppl should post on the reliability thread

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
You are an asset to the community that’s for sure, one of these days I’ll give in an throw on the prl cobra an v2 I got lying around lol. As someone thats been on forums for bout 15 yrs, i miss the old days pre Facebook. Now people are so lazy an helpless, they just want answer an don’t get the concept of research an trial an error Or want to contribute( seems like the trend with a lot of things actually)

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel bad because I didn't post my post until much later after I joined the forums. I was worried since I didn't have all my mods on the car. I should've done it sooner and I am very sorry for that.

You helped me and so many others in the past. I hope you know how much we appreciate you (well, I can't speak for others, but I do... you know what? Yes I can. WE appreciate you)

I drink the GTman 2% all day.

If you haven't put your car in there, please do so.

Expect some updates from me after my road trip in 2-3 weeks (the thing I've been building my car up for)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to update my original post. I looked at a datalog that guy sent me today and helped the best I could (even downloaded the FP program so I could read it). I didn't 100% know the answer and told him so. I suggested posting over at the Hondata forum and gave him the link. I also asked him to add his car to my tuning thread... and... crickets.

So goes a day in gtman world. o_O

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GTman
Don’t give up! Just don’t respond to these types of people you are referencing!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're right. I'm one of those idiots that has a hard time saying no.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man I got my ktuner after reading pages of your thread. I have only had it since this past weekend and driving maybe 150kms with the tune so I will post once I have some more miles done. But don’t leave you’re very much appreciated sir.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man I got my ktuner after reading pages of your thread. I have only had it since this past weekend and driving maybe 150kms with the tune so I will post once I have some more miles done. But don’t leave you’re very much appreciated sir.
Sounds great. To this day it still amazes me how this one single mod is a total game changer. Without the tune, I actually was thinking I made a mistake buying my car. With the tune and a few mods (and a few more important ones to come), I love this car.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We've talked about it in messages.
This work matters. Your survey has nearly 2500 posts and is pinned to the top of the tuned forum list. Don't take it personally if everyone isn't on board, this is still social media.

As far as folks being spoon fed... Like you, I guess I'd rather try to be helpful than be ultra toxic like the Facebook pages used to be (they've gotten better as of late I've noticed)

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can probably start a YouTube channel answering all those tuning questions, get a million views, generate ad revenue, buy a lambo and laugh your way to the bank. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work. ?

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hate to see you leave, your posts are valuable.

Maybe start a patreon and have people pay you for content.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.