Why I Bought 2021 Sport Touring Hatch 6MT

07EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
just did another 400 miles this morning. 39.5mpg on entire interstate between 75-79mph.
That's very impressive, but I wonder if it's possible to get even better mileage if you were to drive at 60-65 MPH. Reason I'm asking is because, in my almost 3 years of owning my SI, I'm averaging 41.2 MPG of mixed city/highway driving. My all time best was 51 MPG of just highway driving ... and that's in an SI. I am still amazed at how economical these cars are.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ECCST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
Update - just turned 50,000 miles in my 21st month of ownership. Not a single issue. Still getting almost 40mpg on highway if I keep it under 78.
Love this car.
With the ways that pricing and availability are now with new cars, so blessed to have bought this car before today’s crazy times.

OP
OP

ECCST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now 60,000 miles at just over 2 years. Just replaced first set of Conti’s - very surprised I got 60,000 miles out of this low profile tire, but the vast majority of my driving is highway. Not a single additional issue.

I’m probably going to 4-4.5 years of ownership or about 150,000 miles before I start looking for my next MT car. Feels like the way things are going (electric and/or fewer MT cars) I maybe have one more shot after this one at a MT affordable car.
This car continues to be perfect blend of sport (slow car driven fast) and touring (firm but comfortable highway driving) along with the upgraded trim and amenities. Loses out to the faster bits you get with Si, but I like the softer set up here.
Continue to love this car.

OP
OP

ECCST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now 70,000 miles. Only fluids and filters so far (and tires at 60,000). Car still drives like new. Clutch engagement - same as it ever was. Averaging 38+mpg.

For basic, daily, reliable, and sporty transportation with a moderate amount of upgraded features, this car is hard to beat. Might go much higher on the mileage on this one before I consider another car.

The only downside is the rear hatch is tough to keep clean - the upper and lower wing underside attract a lot of dirt/road grime.

Still love this car.

OP
OP

ECCST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now 80,000 miles. Fluids and filters only. Hard to believe I've been 20,000 on the 2nd set of Conti tires - still look great.
SUV owners are missing the lower to the ground/better ride experience of a car. Still highly recommend this car - has the upscale features and more firm ride of a touring car with a little bit of sport mixed in. Must be why they named it Sport Touring......

Would be thinking of a XI model, but don't like the stop/start engine feature and I like the RH lane watch camera in mine- comes in handy in the rain.

Great car.
Sponsored