Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what happens when you try to talk about something you know literally nothing about. You get schooled. TBH he may never reply on this thread again, cause he knows deep down he f**ked up
What are your plans for the Drag build? any drastic changes to the FK8?
Sponsored

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Sleeper projects are dope as fuck especially the older EG hatch builds but I would not buy a 40k FWD car with the intention of making it a drag car if I wanted a drag car project that was also a new car I would go with something RWD but thats just me. The older Hondas I wouldnt mind it being a FWD car because of how light they are and how cheap you can buy a EG/EK hatch for but I just do not see the logic in buying a new car that cost 40k and then turning it into a drag car when its FWD especially being that the type r weighs a shit ton more then the EG and EK hatch swaps you guys are referring to. But at the end of the day its your money and if that is what ultimately makes YOU happy go for it man me personally if I ever build a drag Honda I am either going with the older model hatches or an S2K.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:hmm: I have some decent tires for the power right now that I'll run at 20ish psi for the track, 275/35r18 yokohama advan, not too sticky but for now they are good daily performance tires. I'll list the next mods:
-27Won Rear Motor Mount
-Solid Motor Mounts, don't know which ones yet, Hasport makes some but you have to buy the rmm with it and I don't like that since 27WOn has been proven to be the best rmm on market as of today
-Carbon Varis hood, gold wrapping inside of hood to protect from turbine heat
-Carbon fenders, doors, mid spoiler, widemouth grill and possibly the roof.
-Remove floor and trunk mats (only when racing)
-Voltex spoiler, reason why for the spoiler is because is is completely adjustable and 4 bolts hold the wing to the towers, I can test a flat position and test with wing removed (towers still in place though) I like the look even though it goes against my drag setup lol
-PRL High Volume Intake, gold wrapping the engine side of the box, for lower IATs
-Mishimoto Intercooler, its the largest one on the market and can handle higher pressures than HKS and PRL, also comes with larger piping hot/cold, I will be gold wrapping the cold, (may or may not be useful but may help temps a tad)
-Radium PCV and CCV, for longevity of the motor since we are DI
-Radium Expansion Tank, better heat transfer, cooling system on inside, gold wrapping engine side
-PTP Turbo Blanket
-PTP Overpipe Intake Blanket
-27Won exhuast, when it comes out and may see about having an electric cutout for racing
-Hondata, shows to have the most controls over other tuning options, Ktune has given up on CTRs, and Moetech I know very little about.
-4Piston Racing Forged Pistons, I-Beam Rods, and Crankshaft (if i can get my hands on one from them)
-4Piston Racing Ported Heads
-Oil Cooler, don't know which company yet, either HKS, Siri, or custom one using B&M
-Turbo Kit, when they become available and have been tested thoroughly and are proven
-Larger Injectors, when they come out and if they are needed
-Intake manifold, when they come out or get custom one made
- 17x10 wheel with MT Street R tires, if I can fit that size wheel without removing the brembos
-18x5 wheels with "rear guide" tires
-Roll Cage and Harness Setup, when needed
-TansCooler, B&M custom or from market
-Upgraded Clutch, when needed
-Larger Radiator with larger fans running distilled water and water wetter additive or non-freezable high performance coolant

I already have the Top1 Motorsports V2 front and rear vents for cooling up front and reduced drag in the rear. I've also been practicing launching and feather technique to see what style / pattern help reduce wheel hop and spin. The new tires have greatly help the wheel hop as it only happens during first gear at boost high point now rather than 1rst and 2nd. I have a little bit of spin in 2nd and chirps from 2nd to 3rd.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sleeper projects are dope as fuck especially the older EG hatch builds but I would not buy a 40k FWD car with the intention of making it a drag car if I wanted a drag car project that was also a new car I would go with something RWD but thats just me. The older Hondas I wouldnt mind it being a FWD car because of how light they are and how cheap you can buy a EG/EK hatch for but I just do not see the logic in buying a new car that cost 40k and then turning it into a drag car when its FWD especially being that the type r weighs a shit ton more then the EG and EK hatch swaps you guys are referring to. But at the end of the day its your money and if that is what ultimately makes YOU happy go for it man me personally if I ever build a drag Honda I am either going with the older model hatches or an S2K.
I've done egs and s2k before with a couple of friends, moved to a c5 corvette and now i'm on the fk8 lol and let's be reasonable hehe its illogical to buy a 40k civic in the first place, so why not continue being illogical? :thumbsup::D

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drag racing is boring.
Fair opinion, I love racing in general lol drag racing / street racing down here is a big thing compared to track or road course

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
What hate and where? I skimmed through all 4 pages and there seem to only be 4-5 people posting haha.

In my eyes, I think it's not very well accepted with the FK8 because that's not what Honda built it for. Sure, you can say that not all drag cars were intended to be drag race cars, but some cars are engineered to take corners fast while others come from factory with loads of power with no intent to take corners.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Hey gotta start somewhere lol what rpm are you launching at? what wheels and tires are you running? any mods? vsa on or off (fully or half)? traction control on or off?
Remus and panel filter, so not really any more power. Standard wheels and tyres. I tried 2.5k revs, 2k, 3k...didn't think about the vsa actually....! Any tips, greatly received!

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What hate and where? I skimmed through all 4 pages and there seem to only be 4-5 people posting haha.

In my eyes, I think it's not very well accepted with the FK8 because that's not what Honda built it for. Sure, you can say that not all drag cars were intended to be drag race cars, but some cars are engineered to take corners fast while others come from factory with loads of power with no intent to take corners.
I get alot of hate from facebook and snobby remarks on drag racing from others, not just this thread lol about 5%-10% type r owners have interest in drag racing, wanted to know why is all lol I'm doing it regardless.
Yes this car was designed for corners lol but I'm gonna make it a beast of a street / drag car

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Remus and panel filter, so not really any more power. Standard wheels and tyres. I tried 2.5k revs, 2k, 3k...didn't think about the vsa actually....! Any tips, greatly received!
Lower the tire pressure to 28psi ( stock psi should be around 35 psi), turn vsa off, and instead of smashing the peddle off the line, "feather" it ( gradually push it in, not too slow and not too fast), best launch I've seen with my bigger tires was around 2k-2.5k. With vsa on, it bogs and fights the wheels for traction by cutting some power from the motor. Our 60fts and launches won't be the best clearly, but down the line we will be golden. I've beaten a few 392 chargers and challengers in 20-30 mph roll races, which makes me think we are good once we launch

Deleted member 25522

Living life a quarter mile at a time isn't nearly as fun as brake, turn, gas all day!

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I'm not unfamiliar with FWD Drag racing, as our shop has a pretty quick 2.6 liter Turbo K EG6.
What I meant was, the CTR's weight is distributed evenly for better handling.
As where some of the GT cars and mid-price range Sportscars are usually front heavy RWD cars.
The biggest disadvantage the CTR has is when weight shifts to the rear during launch.
Last time i read the CRT was not evenly spread on weight. Is it not 40/60? 60 being front.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Wont matter what anyone does. Tesla is just handing any car their ass at a track. Electric is the new drag car.

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Currently GK5 Fit RS - Past, 98 ITR, 99 SiR Accord, 85 Civic, 79 Civic, 84 Mirage, 62 Fairlane. 80 Laser
Country flag
Drag racing isn't really something Im into but I think American/Japanese/Euro even Korean cars these days, we should celebrate all our car loving brethren whatever they drive and whatever part of motorsport they are into. Especially those that go to a track and do it legally!

As far as drag racing specifically, Im always much more impressed by cars with a mix of abilities, i.e they could do well at a circuit too. A licensed street car that can turn corners but do a 10-11-12 Qtr is much more impressive to me than something that just does that even if it much faster.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I've done egs and s2k before with a couple of friends, moved to a c5 corvette and now i'm on the fk8 lol and let's be reasonable hehe its illogical to buy a 40k civic in the first place, so why not continue being illogical? :thumbsup::D
Very true at the moment I try staying stock because I am the kind of person once I start increasing power I am never satisfied so I will end up doing a drag build aswell lol. Either way man if you do it looking forward to seeing the progress and in a way I take back what I say because everyone always does the same shit doing the old hatch builds you doing a type r drag build will be something different which is a good thing! The old hatch builds are badass but we have seen it many times already
Sponsored