First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Goodyear Eagle Sport on the Si are crap also. I'm changing to Pilot Sport 4S tires next spring.
Sponsored

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
So recently its been pretty rainy where I live and I noticed that the Civics Firestone all seasons are awful. When I'm accelerating from a stop in moist conditions (I really don't accelerate that hard) there is a decent amount of wheelspin and it's even worse when I'm turning where the wheels LOVE to spin to the point where the car is slipping. None of my current or previous cars have had this problem. Anyone else go through something similar?
Mine has Toyo tires on it due to the larger HFP wheels, and I have that problem too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
The Firestones SUCK in the wet on my girl's car. My hatch with the continentals easily have 2x the grip.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
So recently its been pretty rainy where I live and I noticed that the Civics Firestone all seasons are awful. When I'm accelerating from a stop in moist conditions (I really don't accelerate that hard) there is a decent amount of wheelspin and it's even worse when I'm turning where the wheels LOVE to spin to the point where the car is slipping. None of my current or previous cars have had this problem. Anyone else go through something similar?
My Touring has the Firestone F140 all seasons.

I live in Saskatchewan which probably has the worst winters in North America.

The F140's are terrible in snow at stock PSI. I have only gotten stuck once with them in snow and that was in an unshoveled cul-de-sac after a remarkable snowfall with hard snow an inch higher than the lower lip of the front bumper. Definitely do not want to trudge through unshoveled areas in snowy regions. It can get stuck. But I don't go through unshoveled areas much.

They're not winter tires, but then again, I've survived 15 Canadian winters without winter tires, 3 with winter tires on an Acura EL (Canada only car), common sense and distance give me adequate comfort in the winter.

Stock tires plus the great DSC or whatever on this car is just good enough for winter, tbh.

As for rain, they're just fine.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
At stop on a rainy day ,you may have some oil and gas mix with water = slippery surface ; wheelspin is normal.

It is a case by case ; how fast do you start and how much oil and gas on the road. I dont think you can fin a tire for oil and gas road .

I have very good Michelin tires and I could have some wheelspin at stop in rainy day.

IMO nothing you can do except start slow

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Firestones are really mediocre. Not only are they poor in the rain, they're quite noisy. At some point I'll be swapping them for Nokian zLine A/S tires.
They're so noisy I've had rear passengers think there was something wrong with the car. Nope, just the tires! :oops:

If someone slashed all 4 of my tires one day I don't even think I'd care. I might just smirk a little

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
At stop on a rainy day ,you may have some oil and gas mix with water = slippery surface ; wheelspin is normal.

It is a case by case ; how fast do you start and how much oil and gas on the road. I dont think you can fin a tire for oil and gas road .

I have very good Michelin tires and I could have some wheelspin at stop in rainy day.

IMO nothing you can do except start slow
On the Firestone tires, I can usually only apply 1/4 throttle before the front tires lose grip coming out of my driveway in the wet.

With my Continentals, I can easily go over half throttle under the same conditions.

Also, for the same mileage, my Continentals have almost twice as much wear as the rock hard Firestones.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
How many miles do the stock tires (FT140) last?

I kinda want to replace them, but it wouldn't be a sound financial decision.

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
In most cases, stock tires suck.
Yet they cost the same or more than much better tires because people they must be good tires because they came with the vehicle.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Too long. Still at 5-6 32nds at 42k of mixed driving.
Ahh geez, I might never get rid of them at ~11,000 miles/year.

I'm itching to get a well-rounded all-weather tire (good for PNW weather), but it just doesn't feel right replacing tires that have at least 90% tread wear left.
Sponsored