jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
So recently its been pretty rainy where I live and I noticed that the Civics Firestone all seasons are awful. When I'm accelerating from a stop in moist conditions (I really don't accelerate that hard) there is a decent amount of wheelspin and it's even worse when I'm turning where the wheels LOVE to spin to the point where the car is slipping. None of my current or previous cars have had this problem. Anyone else go through something similar?
Sponsored

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed this too. I did NOT feel confident in driving in the rain at all because of the stock tires. Terrified, even, especially since I have to drive up and down rainy hills often. I put on Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires when I put 18s on and I instantly felt the difference.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I noticed this too. I did NOT feel confident in driving in the rain at all because of the stock tires. Terrified, even, especially since I have to drive up and down rainy hills often. I put on Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires when I put 18s on and I instantly felt the difference.
Here I am, feeling the same way about my oem tires. The funny thing is mine are Eagle Sports.

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Funny I feel the same about those in the Si.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah it honestly makes me want to just buy a new set of wheels and tires which will look better and perform better than the stock setup. If its this bad in just rain I can only assume the car is going to be awful in snowy conditions when winter rolls around.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Did you try them out in snow? Debating on whether to get winter tires or just some new all seasons.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
So recently its been pretty rainy where I live and I noticed that the Civics Firestone all seasons are awful. When I'm accelerating from a stop in moist conditions (I really don't accelerate that hard) there is a decent amount of wheelspin and it's even worse when I'm turning where the wheels LOVE to spin to the point where the car is slipping. None of my current or previous cars have had this problem. Anyone else go through something similar?
I immediately took the stock Firestones off of my Touring Sedan and replaced them with Michelin Premier A/S, a vastly superior tire. I've kept the Firestones to put back on the car at the end of the 3 year lease.

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
It is a shame that Honda didn't put the Hankook Kinergy GTs on all the Civic trim levels, instead of just the LX. I will be hitting 86000 miles on mine today. None are down to the wear bars, but they only have 4-5 32nds of tread left, and will be getting swapped out 'soon'. I'd like to take them to 90k, but that would require leaving them on until almost Christmas. That's not happening. They have been a very good tire for OEM. Great on wet roads and dry, so-so in the snow. Noisy though. I've never had tires last for so many miles ever.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It is a shame that Honda didn't put the Hankook Kinergy GTs on all the Civic trim levels, instead of just the LX. I will be hitting 86000 miles on mine today. None are down to the wear bars, but they only have 4-5 32nds of tread left, and will be getting swapped out 'soon'. I'd like to take them to 90k, but that would require leaving them on until almost Christmas. That's not happening. They have been a very good tire for OEM. Great on wet roads and dry, so-so in the snow. Noisy though. I've never had tires last for so many miles ever.
I had a 1975 Civic CVCC coupe. I put Michelin XZX tires on the car when new (it came with bias-ply tires). I never rotated the tires and just kept replacing the front when they wore down. The right rear tire was on the car for 130,000 miles, until I finally rotated the rears to the front, when I sold the car and put the two snow tires I had on the front to the rear. That was pretty good mileage from a tire. It still had another 25,000 miles of tread left before the wear bars!

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I think mine have only been rotated twice, unless the dealership did it without letting me know.
They are still gripping fine on wet roads, but will be swapped out before the snow flies.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only have 5k on mine, but I also find them to be good tires.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The Firestones are really mediocre. Not only are they poor in the rain, they're quite noisy. At some point I'll be swapping them for Nokian zLine A/S tires.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The Firestones are really mediocre. Not only are they poor in the rain, they're quite noisy. At some point I'll be swapping them for Nokian zLine A/S tires.
The Nokian ZLine gets a good review, but it's a SUMMER tire.
Sponsored