Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
TBH, my tires outperformed most vehicles on the heaviest of snow days. I am happy with them right now but when they wear I'll happily replace them with better ones. I'll probably use that money saved towards Ktuner or an exhaust.:yes:
Unless all you want is sound, get Ktuner. Best smiles per mile upgrade you can do.
Sponsored

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Unless all you want is sound, get Ktuner. Best smiles per mile upgrade you can do.
The only thing I am afraid of pulling the plug on Ktuner is longevity of the car. I own it, so I want to keep it as long as possible. And I feel problems may arise in the long run,

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
The only thing I am afraid of pulling the plug on Ktuner is longevity of the car. I own it, so I want to keep it as long as possible. And I feel problems may arise in the long run,
If you dont go crazy with the boost and do just a modest tune, it should not have any effect on your car at all. But if you're one of those guys who tries to push as much boost as they can through their CVT Civic along with other power mods, say goodbye to that Honda reliability.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its been rainy and wet over here again and as usual the tires decided to spin as I was making a U-Turn on a relatively busy street with a narrow lane, sketchy as hell. I get that these are eco tires but it just surprises me that when the road is a little wet these tires decide to slip so much. Driving with freezing rain or icy conditions outside is going to be way too sketch if it sucks this bad in just rain.
These tires do suck in the rain. Hard. The TC light lit up more times than I'd like driving West on 66 in that rain early on Monday.

Surprisingly, they handle snow really well, and are decent in light ice.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These tires do suck in the rain. Hard. The TC light lit up more times than I'd like driving West on 66 in that rain early on Monday.

Same here, they're awesome in snow. Very awesome.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
TBH, my tires outperformed most vehicles on the heaviest of snow days. I am happy with them right now but when they wear I'll happily replace them with better ones. I'll probably use that money saved towards Ktuner or an exhaust.:yes:
You probably just know how to drive better than most people in snow. Some people have no concept of winter driving it's insane. Couple that with non mandatory winter tires in Nova Scotia and you see a crazy amount of accidents every single snowfall.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You probably just know how to drive better than most people in snow. Some people have no concept of winter driving it's insane. Couple that with non mandatory winter tires in Nova Scotia and you see a crazy amount of accidents every single snowfall.
Tell me about the people who drive crazy, they're blazing like the road is completely dry. You'd be surprised when you drive where I am.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag

Agreed. They're not winter tires, they're not even all-weather tires. They're econo stock tires. Here in Saskatchewan, Canada, winter just came in hard.

Last week it was freezing rain in Saskatoon city. FT140's running at 38 psi (too much) struggled to gain traction on thin, glare ice. Roads were frozen over with frozen moisture and tires did acceptable. This is about the worst it gets where I live. Winter can be harsher, but when it is harsh, there's snow, and the FT140 does reasonably well in the snow.

It's because it's like only 4 days through winter that test your all-seasons, here in batshit cold Saskatchewan, that I skip out on winter tires.

The moment you get out onto the drive way, you know instinctively looking at the road, and based on your drive to the first intersection, how much distance you need to maintain and how much slower you need to go.

Honestly, 12 years of driving in the worst winters with and without winter tires on various cars/suv's...... I'm fine getting along with the FT140s.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag

Hmm interesting. I have had no experience with winter driving on these tires but its good to hear it from someone who has. I haven't decided whether i'm going to throw on the new tires/wheels for this winter, or change them out in the spring. I might just use the current tires and see how they do when we finally do get wintry weather.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm interesting. I have had no experience with winter driving on these tires but its good to hear it from someone who has. I haven't decided whether i'm going to throw on the new tires/wheels for this winter, or change them out in the spring. I might just use the current tires and see how they do when we finally do get wintry weather.
In virginia? Don't even bother thinking about it. Spare yourself a little headache and time. Plus, how is life fun without a little challenge? ;)

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would honestly sell my tires but since my car is a lease i'm forced to keep them around. When black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend hits in 90% sure i'm getting new wheels and tires for the Civic though.
Why do you need to keep the stock tires because of the lease? When you bring the car back it doesn't have toi be on the oem tires that came with the car.

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Why do you need to keep the stock tires because of the lease? When you bring the car back it doesn't have toi be on the oem tires that came with the car.
Thats true if i'm not changing the wheels. But since im getting a set of 18" wheels along with new tires, I have to keep the stock tires/wheels because I obviously can't return the car on aftermarket 18" wheels.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats true if i'm not changing the wheels. But since im getting a set of 18" wheels along with new tires, I have to keep the stock tires/wheels because I obviously can't return the car on aftermarket 18" wheels.
Ah ok, that makes more sense :)
Sponsored