why do honda owners hate lanewatch so much?

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't hate it, but it doesn't really do anything all that useful. Properly setting up the mirrors largely eliminates any potential blind spots. So the camera is redundant.

Personally, I also hate blind spot monitoring systems as I find them rather distracting.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Hated LaneWatch in my 16' Accord. You can set your right mirror to be the exact same view as the camera, and your mirror has better resolution than the cheap camera.

Also, it doesn't work at night.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dont really understand. I LOVE IT. i like being able to turn it on ahead of turning on my turn signal.i prefer it over Blind spot systems.
I am with you. I love it.

I don't hate it, but it doesn't really do anything all that useful. Properly setting up the mirrors largely eliminates any potential blind spots. So the camera is redundant.

Personally, I also hate blind spot monitoring systems as I find them rather distracting.
I agree that proper mirror adjustment can eliminate blind spots, however I do alot of highway driving and its great to see when I have cleared another vehicle to get back into the right land. Mirrors and blind spot monitors cant do this as well in my opinion.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree that proper mirror adjustment can eliminate blind spots, however I do alot of highway driving and its great to see when I have cleared another vehicle to get back into the right land. Mirrors and blind spot monitors cant do this as well in my opinion.
See this article. Completely changed how I drive. Makes LaneWatch completely useless.
How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
See this article. Completely changed how I drive. Makes LaneWatch completely useless.
How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots
I am very aware of the proper way to adjust mirrors. I was in a driving safety course for one of my speeding tickets and the instructor taught us about this technique for the mirrors. I 100% agree that it is the best way to adjust the mirrors. I just think that Lanewatch works better for me, mostly because "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear", which I don't find to be an issue with Lanewatch.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's only on one side. The camera is nice, but imo it's inferior to blind spot monitoring.
Pretty much.

It seems like Honda wanted to cut cost and figured this is the best way while promoting safety.

I used it a few times when I first got her but after a few weeks I turned it off.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not true at all.
Unless the road is well lit, it is either too dark to see anything or blinded by the headlight glare from other cars.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
I've grown to love the feature. It gives me a full view of what's to my right side so I can make the call myself. I can see if I see a car speeding up to soon be in the way instead of relying on a basic radar sensor telling me it's clear at the time of. Hugely useful when trying to get to the exit lane/ramp right after an on-ramp where people are speeding up and trying to merge/change to your lane to get on the highway.

2Smoker119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2008 Accord v6
Country flag
I use it a lot and really like it. I wish it had a camera on the drivers side. But I understand why it doesn't.

I drive mostly interstate, so it is nice for passing cars. I just flip on the right signal to see how much further to go until I can merge safely.

It has made me change my driving style. My whole driving life, I have always accelerated just before changing lanes (especially to the right) to "flush" cars out of your blind spot. I no longer have to do this. It's a useful feature IMO.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
i dont really understand. I LOVE IT. i like being able to turn it on ahead of turning on my turn signal.i prefer it over Blind spot systems.
Totally agree with you. I absolutely love it, and totally miss it whenever I rent a car when travelling. And I hate the stupid blind spot indicators. But I also don't understand why people are trying to convince others that their way is the better way. Everybody has a preference. Everybody is right in their own way.