HoldTheRice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Everybody has their price but I’d say at 40k, it’s worth it. Unless of course the Type R is your dream car - in that case, pay the 10k markup most dealers are asking and don’t look back. Just know you’ll eat the ADM if you do decide to sell it. They do retain their value well though.
This is true, also at the time it didn't make sense financially. 10K markup is just insane. If the 11th gen is "better" I may consider it this time around.
Sponsored

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
For me I wanted a sedan and for the price the Si is hard to pass up. After I got to drive my Friend's '17 Si, I was hooked. Also I was going to do few mods i.e. Cat-back Exhaust and drop in Air Filter etc. The car was quick enough and handled well for stock. Also loved the looks of the 10th Gen Si after I saw few on the road.

For the price of $40k for the Type R and crazy dealer mark-ups, I would have gave a hard look at the WRX STI. Great power and AWD would be hard to pass up.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
26k was a little more than I was really wanting to spend on a car, so 38k was out of the question lol

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I needed to buy a new dd. I was looking at civics and asked the sales person if they had any MT cars on the lot. They said "oh we have one!" and had me test drive a brand new 2020 si. I fell in love with how it drove, and it was only 3k over my original budget so I bought it. Over one year later and no regrets.

Also no ctr for me bc I just can't afford one at this point.

RHMS

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SPB(2x), 350z, Si
I got an amazing deal on an Si for TCA World Challenge. I needed to learn the platform and found a street Si for an amazing deal.

I found out the Si is a solid car and quite fun! Being my first Honda cars ever I was surprised and happy about this venture.

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
You have issues if the wing is the only thing stopping you from buying the Type R. You don't know what you're missing! I've driven an Si Sedan, and my Type R is twice the car in every aspect.
I do have issues with how it looks. Like I said later in this thread if the 11 gens Rs turn out how they seem like they will, I will pick one up in a year or two. It's not like the 11th gens are going to be worse, my understanding it's the same base platform as the 10th gen, mostly this is more or less a glorified refresh for the next gen.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
If I could have gotten one for msrp I would have. I ended up with my si with a decent deal and now I don’t have a car payment, so there’s that

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Haha I was dying when I saw this thread after reading though the other one. Had to pick up some cookies just to stop the craving lmao. Needed a car after my 240sx was stolen went into Honda and signed away ? I wasn’t approved for the type r (me being 20 and using only my credit with no co signer) so I picked up the si with hopes of buying the type r later on. Told myself keep this build chill until I get my R but Only a few minor modifications after (FBO e35 tuned by D-Rob with PPG Gears and a RV6 Turbo sitting at home??) i decided to keep it and hopefully get my hands on a different platform (Supra) in a couple months ?
How long it been since you got your Si?

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Also on Phearable 2.5, slap some PS4S tires on and your traction issues will disappear.
i been lookin for new wheels but the budget dont fit at the moment but the pilot sports are what im gonna go for!

Slow_FC1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
I bought a Si over an R not because I couldn't afford it, but because I wanted a Sedan. Just me. If they offered it in Sedan form I would have bought one.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
You better! I feel like I’m contributing to your wedding fund and Thusee’ kids future education funds ?
Just remember when you guys need custom suits I’ll take care of you!
www.thetravellingtailor.ca
There is truth to this statement ? Saw some of your work brother, congrats on your achievements! Hope COVID buzzes off soon, and things spring up! If I didn't have my wedding suit already, we would've been brainstorming!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Didn’t like the big wing and couldn’t justify a 40k hot hatch and higher insurance when my work is only 6 miles away and would be parked all day exposed to the elements with no shade. But now after working from home full time and most likely for the foreseeable future I will consider the 11th gen R depending on the looks.

Jrmybrtn

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I chose the si cause for one it was in budget. Second reason I wanted a coupe. I’m kinda glad I did get si cause I’m making similar power for a hell of a lot less then paying for the R
Sponsored