Why did you purchase Civic EX trim over Corolla?

OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes. If you are so concerned about price go with a peasant car. Civics are for youthful people who enjoy life and have ambitions.
Youthful as teens? I'm in my 20s..
Sponsored

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Now if youthful is a state of mind, then yeah, you can put me in that category. I'm 50 and I love the Civic, although I did buy it for my 17 yr old daughter.

Last edited:

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
It's been awhile but I watched some civic vs corolla youtube videos before the purchase. I think it was the tech, and/or the interior, and/or the exterior.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not flaming the ex trim, but curious why ppl bought 2016 civic ex over 2016 Corolla? When test driving different new cars, I couldn't help but feel the civic ex felt similar to a Corolla. Corolla was cheaper where I'm from to. But when I test drove the ex-t, I didn't look back.
So when we have to drive more than 4 hours on a trip one way I usually Rent a car cause I'm anal about driving our cars for a lot of reasons anyhow I wound up with a 2016 Corolla 2 days ago returned this morning and I can tell you this That car is nowhere close to being as nice as the genx not even close Imo :nono:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yes. If you are so concerned about price go with a peasant car. Civics are for youthful people who enjoy life and have ambitions.
Mr. Snob, I was cross-shopping Audi, Mercedes and BMW. I DID choose the 'peasant car', because it is a better value. Now get those preconceptions out of that rock-head of yours.

Same with Toyota. I own a Vibe/Matrix, and while it's no Mustang, the excitement is from the driving, not the car. I think the new Corolla looks sharp enough, but I never bothered test driving it. I hated the dash the moment I sat in it. Too flat and vertical. And that's odd, because I seldom feel that strongly about things. LOVED the Camry. Drove like a dampened Accord, and felt plenty sharp and alive. Looks great. Wife hated it, though. Found out later a lot of it was from friends of hers saying, "But it's an old man's car..." etc... I honestly think I could drive that car faster than an Accord.

I had already been impressed by the reviews, and just by CivicX in general. Roomier, more luxurious, fully featured, powerful AND economical? Even had Camry and Elantra been more in the running, the BIG loss of power and fuel economy respectively made the choice a no-brainer.

Would I do it again? For money's sake, yes. Though the car feels tinnier and cheaper than I'd like, it's still definitely worth it. I'd look much harder at the Accord or Mazda 6, though (remember, wife still hates Camry!). They felt more 'solid'. For pure driving dynamics? I'd probably have pulled the trigger on the S4/A4/3 series I'd been looking at. As good as Civic is, it doesn't feel near as stable in corners than my old Passat did. With worn shocks.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mr. Snob, I was cross-shopping Audi, Mercedes and BMW. I DID choose the 'peasant car', because it is a better value. Now get those preconceptions out of that rock-head of yours.

Same with Toyota. I own a Vibe/Matrix, and while it's no Mustang, the excitement is from the driving, not the car. I think the new Corolla looks sharp enough, but I never bothered test driving it. I hated the dash the moment I sat in it. Too flat and vertical. And that's odd, because I seldom feel that strongly about things. LOVED the Camry. Drove like a dampened Accord, and felt plenty sharp and alive. Looks great. Wife hated it, though. Found out later a lot of it was from friends of hers saying, "But it's an old man's car..." etc... I honestly think I could drive that car faster than an Accord.

I had already been impressed by the reviews, and just by CivicX in general. Roomier, more luxurious, fully featured, powerful AND economical? Even had Camry and Elantra been more in the running, the BIG loss of power and fuel economy respectively made the choice a no-brainer.

Would I do it again? For money's sake, yes. Though the car feels tinnier and cheaper than I'd like, it's still definitely worth it. I'd look much harder at the Accord or Mazda 6, though (remember, wife still hates Camry!). They felt more 'solid'. For pure driving dynamics? I'd probably have pulled the trigger on the S4/A4/3 series I'd been looking at. As good as Civic is, it doesn't feel near as stable in corners than my old Passat did. With worn shocks.
Couldn't have said it better :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Corollas looks nice. And safe. Like for a grandma.

Civics look sexy. Bold. Sharp. Aggressive. A fiery attitude. A vivacious look, perfect for an energetic and bold individual. Someone who wants to experience the thrill. Feels amazing to just get in and start. You dream about this car. And the car dreams about turning heads. Making impressions. Wowing bystanders.

Corollas have the personality of a toaster.
If you dream about a Civic, you have a boring dream..

OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

We are boring people. And to think, this will be available for purchase by boring people late next year. Boring dream indeed.
Why not dream about multi million dollar supercars instead

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A Civic is a supercar that has

Ground clearance

Passenger room

Cargo room

Gas mileage

Reliability

Luxurious comfort

Can't get those in a Ferrari, or even a Lexus or BMW or Audi.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Besides the practical sides, supercars are like paintings, nice to look at, but that's about all you can really do with them.

Personally, I like classic American Muscle, or clever cars like the Tesla or i8.

The Civic is a clever car.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
A Civic is a supercar that has

Ground clearance

Passenger room

Cargo room

Gas mileage

Reliability

Luxurious comfort

Can't get those in a Ferrari, or even a Lexus or BMW or Audi.
The others have those. The Civic has more OF them than most!

I'm not rich, but am financially stable (for the moment, anyway). So I had the luxury of being able to choose without worrying too much about price. Though being forced to make payments for a brand new $50k+ car didn't seem to make sense when the $30k choices offered almost as much without having to worry.

But I remember back 15 years or so, when my wife and I stretched to make the payments on our Vibe at $24k... And a car like a top-trim Civic was out of reach. Something like an Accord would have been a dream... A Hyundai made a lot of sense, even then!

Fast forward. The cars we take for granted today...Almost light years ahead of what was 'nice' back then.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT