why did you buy a civic?

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
cheap as hell and the only coupe left by Honda.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My family has had a wide variety of vehicles from different manufacturers. But one brand always kept going with little maintenance and constant reliability. Honda. They just keep going, they're easy to work on, their parts are cheap and you can do so much with them performance-wise.

I was in the market for a new car. I knew I wanted a manual and I knew I wanted a Coupe/2-Door Hatchback. After looking all around, I came across the 9th Gen Si Coupe. I'm a K-Series fan, so I knew they had a K24. I loved how it looked and found a used one in great condition. The dealer wanted $21K for it and I thought that was pretty high for it being a 2015 and I'm looking at it in 2018. So, I was like "Hmm....the 10th Gens are out. Let's look at the 10th Gen Si". Well I started reading about them and learned all about the new motor and potential they had. After that, I was sold.

I found one at a local dealership, in the color I wanted and went in with my wife one day to "Look". The entire time, the salesman was asking me if I was sure I wanted the car and that I knew it was a manual. I said yes and yes. We had to wait 1 hour for someone to bring it from the reserve lot over to the main lot so I could test drive it. None of the people there could drive a manual. The only person there who could was the master tech. So he went and got it. After a total of 3 hours at the dealership, I drove away with a brand new 2018 Si Coupe that had 7 miles on it. I've loved it since.

After 6 months, my wife told me she really liked the Si. Her only complaint was "I wish it came with 4 doors so I could get one". I looked at her and said "They have a 4 door version". Long story short, we traded in her 10 year old Lexus and picked up a 2019 Si Sedan for her and she loves it!

Last edited:

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Steering feel
Adaptive suspension
LSD
Reliability and affordability
Styling (Si)
Trust in Honda's ability to make a good engine (despite no VTEC)

Also, I had owned two Mazdas prior, and was looking to go with a more mainstream brand. I had some really terrible issues with my 3, and some really terrible dealership experiences.

I also live in the hills so handling was important. Many of the cars you'll see up here are Miatas, Toyota 86, GTIs...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
For me is was simple. The Civic had the best overall combination of styling, mpg, performance and value.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Savage Geese is one ofomy favorite Youtubers. Him, along with the Straight pipes review sold me. I was.looking for some fun and economical.

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
I got my civic type r because my wife took my 8th gen si. I some how convinced her to allow me to upgrade.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag

Savage Geese is one ofomy favorite Youtubers. Him, along with the Straight pipes review sold me. I was.looking for some fun and economical.
Oh yeah, this guy (believe his name is Mark) is the best. SO thorough and on-point. This review is part of the reason I was sold on the Si.

HammerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Needed a car asap when my old crossover died in '17.
Leased the LX mainly due to looks and gas mileage.
I couldn't help but be tempted by the Si's but my girl won that battle.
LX got totaled, then said eff it, and grabbed a red Si coupe.

Told my girl I'll have to forget her
Rather buy me a new Civic Si. :headbang:

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Styling and roomy storage.
2. Toyota dealership didn't want to sell the Camry XSE at 30k (they wanted 32k, no thanks)
3. I can finally be a ricer with the Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? PSX_20190108_140802

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Styling and roomy storage.
2. Toyota dealership didn't want to sell the Camry XSE at 30k (they wanted 32k, no thanks)
3. I can finally be a ricer with the Civic.

PSX_20190108_140802.jpg
Thank is a beautiful car. I wish the Si had a hatchback version.

Watchman999

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey EX, 2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I am a long time Honda fan unless you get me started on my ODD-yssey. POS-yssey is more like it. Who puts an alternator under a spool valve....see I'm already going....anyway on the Civic:

1. Very appealing interior layout
2. Already owned a Civic and it hasn't owed me a single red cent since I bought it.
3. Made in Canada!!! Woot Woot!!
4. Android Auto (although my phone is a crappy brick of a thing) and Apple CarPlay
5. Honda Sensing
6. Honda Lanewatch camera (Would like it on the left turn signal though)
7. Nice exterior lines (ish)
8. 2.0L PORT INJECTED engine (GDI is good but valve carbon....)
9. Comfort
10. reliability (if this list was ranked I would put this as #1...let's hope I'm right)

Cheers

Greg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Affordable maintenance - I hope! Came from a Mini Cooper 2013. I hate to spend $1 to $2K in repairs. I have had Toyota and Honda in the past. Is there anything more affordable than these to maintain? Time will tell. I also run lots of miles 60 miles per day. So that could be expensive with a luxury car such as BMW or others. Plan to keep the car 5 years. By then I should have around 80K. And I am sure it would be good for another 80K if I take care of it and have all the maintenance done. And the only reason to trade would a dramatic change in options and styling. Much can change in 5 years. And in the end it will be valued the same as that car that sold for $48K in 5 years.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I wasn't really into JDM cars but, i needed a reliable daily driver that was cheap to maintain until Honda civic styling caught my attention, plus options and handling for the value was what made me pull the trigger, coming from a person that usualy has a european car and american truck, now i am a huge fan of honda.

japan617

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Nothing screams ricer like an Asian driving a Civic

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
Nephew needed car for school. I wanted to give him my Honda Fit (great car). He had had 3 bouts with cancer (ALL,NHLx2).

I always wanted a 6MT, hatchback, turbo Honda and what would you know-they built one. I also thought this would be my last chance to get a 6MT from Honda.

Reliability, price, value of course factored in.
Sponsored