Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a Civic fanboy :D

My first car was my late grandmother's 2nd gen hatch. My grandpa taught me how to drive a manual with it and then gave it to me. It needed a lot of repairs over the years that I daily drove it - it basically sat for years and then was forced back into driving condition on what I suspect was a budget - but I love it to death and still own it. It's sitting in my parents' side yard. I hoped to make it a project weekend car, but I think it's beyond help by now. The mechanical problems are one thing, but the rust on the body is pretty bad.

My next Civic was a black 9th gen LX coupe. Not much to say about that one.

Then I got the 10th gen Si sedan in red and loved it. It has some glaring flaws - ECU rev hang, clutch delay valve, and heavy flywheel - but overall it's a fantastic car that looks good (save for the back bumper on the sedan...) and gets great fuel economy. Also the turbo shove never really gets old. This was going to be my 10 year car, but certain events this year put me in the position to trade up...

Now I have the Type R. I think I'm finally done with the trade game. I want to drive a manual Civic, and this is as good as it gets. Shifts like a dream, and it's fast. Definitely feeling the hit in fuel economy and I know the tires aren't long for this world, but those are sacrifices you gotta make with the R. I also went back to black. Red's my favorite color and the R looks good in red, but... a black Type R :thumbsup:
Sponsored

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Only because of the R otherwise I would have kept my touring V6 accord coupe.... I actually still miss a few sensing features it had but the R makes up for those losses big time..why the type R is classified as a “touring” is beyond me. Maybe it’s a typo .. lol

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because I loved my Celica back in the day and for some reason this reminded me of a 4 door version and when my Tacoma got totaled by college girls on their cellphones going through a stop sign I had to buy a car. I wanted a BRZ but my Dobie is a bit older and needs his own door. When I told my PPF guy I was thinking civic he said “ oh yeah - that 4 door that looks like a coupe” and I was like YES!!

GT87

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Rallye Red Sedan
Country flag
I bought a new 2017 Civic EX. Up to that point I had always owned Fords. I was starting a new job and needed something reasonably priced that got good gas mileage. I checked out the Civic because I was not a fan of the Focus or any other car in its class for that matter. For the price nothing else compared. We also switched from a Ford SUV to a Honda Odyssey. I now plan to upgrade to a Civic SI (Type R maybe?) in the near future.

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Reliability. Responsiveness.

I owned a generation 5 Honda Civic ESi for 17 years. Manual with 125hp. Never had a problem. I'd probably still own it if I didn't have to relocate between continents.

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? Honda_Civic_rear_20071204

I bought a VW Passat after that. Big mistake! I kept it for 5 years but it had a lot of problems. I decided to go back to Honda and I hope that gen X will prove to be as reliable as gen 5 (doubt it but we'll see). So far it's a great car!

Last edited:

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
I bought my 2017 Honda Touring Coupe by total accident. It then became the first car that I ever wintered in a garage while driving something else to commute to work. I've been happy ever since and modding all the way.

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? new honda civic cou

inFamousKicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel, '11 BMW 135i
Country flag
Wanted something reliable, comfortable, sporty, and ultimately more practical than my 135i for daily-ing around NYC. Cross-shopped with the BRZ/86, but kept coming back to the Si for a few reasons. I’ve silently admired the Si for quite a few years now as well.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a Wolfsburg Jetta for 10 years, traded it in on a 9th gen Civic so my kids could learn to drive. It was like a pair of comfortable shoes compared to the Wolf.

3 years later I wanted something fun. I was looking hard at the Mini but the dealer’s were jerks.

My Cardealer Stig suggested I try the new Civic (EX-T), I did, and it was so much more fun than the Mini, and more fun than my Wolf. Plus it cost less. I never looked back.

Now I’ve got my Si and it’s a whole new level of fun.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Got tired of paying a significant amount every few months to maintain/repair the previous car :)

I am very happy with the amount of accessories available - although they are mostly for 4d sedan, they mostly fit on the 5d with no to little modification.

Hope4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I bought a civic for many reasons:
I was sick of SUVs/minivans
I wanted something cute and small
Reliability
Good gas mileage
Safety
I was sick of paying huge amounts of money for repairs

I'm happy with my choice :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2017 Honda Touring Coupe by total accident. It then became the first car that I ever wintered in a garage while driving something else to commute to work. I've been happy ever since and modding all the way.

new honda civic coup.png
I've bought a lot of cars for a lot of different reasons but I never bought a car by "accident".:confused:

Care to explain?

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks, reliability, modability, hackability, sexy smooth gearbox, LSD, active dampners, android auto, price.

I love my Si, best damn car I have ever owned. Don't regret it for an instant, though all my Subaru friends say I should . . . . that is until I started beating them in sprints once I got my tune :p

FWD in MN, winters suck, but IDC! She is so fun in the summer...... That LSD . . . .

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Bought a 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT -- had to make the executive decision based on stop-and-go driving around down.

- Been itching for a Hatchback for while...test drove a bunch (e.g. given an Evo fan, Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback, Focus/Fiesta of various trims, Subaru Impreza, Mazda 3, etc).
- Always favored vehicles with an aggressive font grille (e.g. Evo X, latest generation BMWs, etc).
- Needed something that I can throw my mountain bike(s) in the back -- without needing to take the wheels off would be a nice bonus.
- Wanted something more zippy to drive around...getting sick of the older gen Accord.
- Another vehicle with better gas mileage would be nice (V6 on my 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander as a daily to work driver, filling up on premium gas...sucks sometimes...).
- The safety features is a very nice little added bonus.
- Oh yeah, modability, Android Auto, and all the doodads
Sponsored