Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
- Been itching for a hatchback for a while...tested bunch of cars, including Ford Focus + Fiesta, Mazda3, Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback...just couldn't find the right one. Civic hatchback then released
- Looking for something zippy / sporty
- Needed something a little more fuel efficient than a V6 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV
- Wanted something that could fit my mountain bike(s) without having to disassemble the bike to fit in the trunk/boot...like my older Honda Accord
- Wanted a more up-to-date vehicle with some of the modern safety features
- Always preferred vehicles with an aggressive front design (hence the Outlander, Evo 9/10)

The Lancer Sportback was actually quite a letdown (still look for a stock / near stock Evo 9/10 Final Edition GSR, or MR in rally red). I will always remember the sales guy, "Faux carbon fibre!! Check!" ...that is NOT a selling point...
Sponsored

MrMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Honda has always been in my blood! My first two cars were Honda's, 1999 Civic Coupe & 2005 RSX Type S. After a 12 years absent, I'm back to Honda! Love my Sport Hatchback. I remember back when I had my 99 Civic, most of us Civic owners dreamed of boosting it. Now Honda done it for us & it comes stock & LEGAL! lol.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I actually wanted to get a 2017 Honda Accord Touring Coupe but there were so few of them left at the time I was looking cause they were being discontinued, I was only able to find one but didn’t get it cause they were asking for too much. Went to go look at a Type R not knowing they added up to 10K to MSRP price, so I couldn’t get that. Checked out a 2018 Dodge Charger R/T and had made a deal but something went wrong with the Chrysler Capital credit application and it showed that I had tier 3 credit when I actually had tier 1 and they raised the monthly payment so I didn’t end up getting it. Was gonna settle with a regular 3.6L 2018 Dodge Charger but it didn’t cut it. And after all that I ended up testing driving a 2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring, I liked it and ended up getting it. I’m still not over that R/T though.. I’m hoping my Hatchback grows on me

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Probably a stupid reason, or not, but I've had a Civic, well, forever... My first car purchase was a Civic sedan back in the day, lasted a good long while, then a Civic Hatchback of the previous generation, then a Civic Sedan, and now a Civic Hatchback again. So, you might say I'm just a Civic-minded individual. :)

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I actually wanted to get a 2017 Honda Accord Touring Coupe but there were so few of them left at the time I was looking cause they were being discontinued, I was only able to find one but didn’t get it cause they were asking for too much. Went to go look at a Type R not knowing they added up to 10K to MSRP price, so I couldn’t get that. Checked out a 2018 Dodge Charger R/T and had made a deal but something went wrong with the Chrysler Capital credit application and it showed that I had tier 3 credit when I actually had tier 1 and they raised the monthly payment so I didn’t end up getting it. Was gonna settle with a regular 3.6L 2018 Dodge Charger but it didn’t cut it. And after all that I ended up testing driving a 2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring, I liked it and ended up getting it. I’m still not over that R/T though.. I’m hoping my Hatchback grows on me
Maybe you need a KTuner, if it hasn't grown on you yet.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
My first Honda car was an '08 TL Type S 6 MT. That 3.7 V6's performance, razor sharp handling and looks made me fall in love. I eventually moved on to a 550i from BMW but when my job started making me work in D.C more, taking a big V8 sedan there in rush hour traffic was just not practical, so I bought a Honda Civic as a commuter car and I needed a more fuel efficient vehicle in general. Compared to the competition, the Civic outclassed it in every single measurable way and I also love Honda, so it was a no brainer. Also, I recently traded in the 550 on an '18 redesigned M550i so its awesome to have another less expensive car I can take in bumper to bumper traffic when I dont feel like driving my other one.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I needed a car to take me to and from work, as sharing one with my wife was becoming impractical with a kid in school. I got to be selfish and buy whatever I wanted. I wanted a coupe, and the Civic Si is the nicest coupe out IMO. I loved my 8th Gen coupe and my RSX-S, and honestly didn't put much thought into other options. My experience with Honda coupes has been wonderful and was ready to get back in one. Went and test drove an Si and took it home a couple of hours later.

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Had a Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab and a new baby. My daily commute is about 30 min of windy side roads, and all my previous cars except for the truck were manual transmission. Test drove the GTI but dealing with a VW dealership was like pulling teeth, had a 2015 Focus ST that visited the dealer more often than the gas station, and 2 WRXs that were great for getting pulled over by the cops. Civic Si just made sense, practical, reliable, low key and fun, baby seat fits perfect plus it has decent creature comforts; automatic climate control, heated seats, including android auto/apple car play.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you need a KTuner, if it hasn't grown on you yet.
That’s one of the first mods I’m thinking of doing but my cars 1.5T will never sound like the R/T’s 5.7L Hemi. They’re now having this “electronically controlled active exhaust” system so it sounds even nicer

bb49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
I needed a new car.
Okay, I was running up too many kms on my Sonata, and being retired I wanted a car that would last and wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. The Snota was heading that way real quick.
I do a lot of driving in the mountains so needed something that fit the bill.

I had checked out a lot of cars online, and did look at a few cars in person.
I didn't want another Hyundai. Lesson learned.
First one was a Toyota IM. Too small, too noisy of a CVT.
Considered a Malibu. I had rented a couple and liked them on the highway but two friends who are mechanics both said to stay away from its little 1.5 turbo engine. More troublesome than the Hyundai 2.4.
Thought about another Subaru, but felt the added cost of buying, maintaining and repairing didn't justify it. Besides, if it's snowing I'll just wait a day or two. I have that option now.

I didn't want to pay full price for a new car so looked for and found a good deal on a slightly used '16 LX. Mounted Michelin X-ice tires included.
Funny thing about the purchase, my S. O. was adamant she didn't want a silver or grey car. Ours is silver! And she didn't want a car that's low to the ground. But she approved the Civic. Sometimes you just can't figure them out.

SC5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Been commuting in my tacoma about 60 miles each day. While it is great adventure truck it is terrible as a daily. So now it has become my weekend rig.

When it came to a picking a commuter car I wanted a manual, even in the terrible SF Bay Area traffic. It also had to get good gas mileage and relatively high resale value. With that criteria the SI was a no brainer.

Absolutely love this little blue car so far.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I had a 2012 Lancer SE that got totaled :(. That kind of sent me into car shopping rapidly. Without spilling too much of my life details which no one cares for haha, i wanted a hatchback that was fun, economical, and affordable. The civic is just the best hatchback on the market currently since there's no WRX hatch.

I still think i overspent because of my stupid extended warranty, and I still might cancel that in a year. putting 22k miles on a year makes it really rough to just stick with Honda's factory warranty though. I realize their cars are rock solid but new engines make me nervous.

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
They gave me $500 more on my Dodge Dart trade and $500 for a veterans discount. My Si Coupe was never driven by anyone else but me, even with a test drive. :) Needed a car I could trust and rely on.

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I needed a new car after my 2012 Volvo S60 started burning through a quart of oil each month and I didn't feel like dealing with the repair or the repair bill. I had no idea what to get. I wanted something on the cheaper end, fun to drive, sporty and stylish. I really thought I was going to have to settle. I read up on the current Civics and was quite shocked at what I read. Even so, I was skeptical when I went for my test drive of a 2019 EX Hatch, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was afraid going from a European sports sedan that a civic was going to feel like a cheap econo-box. Great handling, great safety features, and just enough ooomf when you stomp on the gas to put a smile on your face. Very comfy and a nice interior.

This is the 3rd Honda I've owned since I've also owned a '91 Civic DX and a '96 Accord LX. Both were super reliable and I have no reason to expect this one won't be the same.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Reliable
  • Fuel friendly (good MPG)
  • Budget friendly
On top of that, I always loved civic. 3rd 4th 5th and 7th car. (1st &2nd were accord... 6th was BMW 335i
Sponsored