Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted another truck, something with utility, or something fun with a manual. Test drove a few things.

Spring 2018

Have a 1st gen Frontier didn't want another.

Colorado just felt like a giant slug.73 Grand Marquis is more engaging. Also, cheap cheap cheap interior. How anyone can spend 30g+ on that is beyond me

Didn't want to spend Sienna money even though I love my dad's and sister's XLE

Outback, while nicely appointed for the price, driving it was boooooooriiiiing. Will still consider in the future for kid hauler

Elantra sport was ok. A little small but pretty fun, but wife said no Hyundai

3 was a hoot but it felt even smaller

Didn't get try GTI since no one came to talk to us after a half hour walking the lot...

Civic si had the most comfortable seats, more rear legroom than the hatch, and just made me smile the entire time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DeftSalmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ditto. Good mileage, reliability, style, plus I think it (hatchback/type-r) looks like a Variable Fighter or some kind of mecha.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
It was in the price range I was looking for and Honda were the ones to give me what I wanted on a trade. Mazda was my first choice but their offer for trade was thousands less than Honda and Honda hadn't even seen my truck. They treated me right and I will be a Honda person until/if it does me wrong. As of now, I'm in love with this car.

Genuine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
My first Honda was a 1998 Honda Civic DX Hatchback about 14 years ago. My new one is a 2018 Civic Si Sedan. 20 years of differences between two is pretty cool.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because it's the only car with over 160hp and a manual transmission on the market (except chinese brands). Locally it's the perfect car for me in size, economy and i like how it looks, so I plan to keep it forever, or at least until it will be legal to drive...

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 civic hatch ST,
Country flag
I was going to buy a 2013 Evo MR, hard to find in the area I live. One day I left my place and saw a awesome looking car. Turns out it was a new Civic hatch ST.
Was pretty much love at first sight. Instead of paying almost 30K on a used Evo, I thought a brand new Civic hatch would last a lot longer.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Was in a major rollover accident offroad which shredded me. Concussion, busted ribs, shattered my arm at the shoulder, nerve damage, etc etc. So I was unable to drive my highly modded, turbo B16a 91 CRX Si due to it being too low, no power steering and no way I could hold onto that wheel when 300 whp kicked. And I couldn't get out of it once in, so I started commuting in my Jeep Commander with a Hemi. Well, that is well over $400 a month in fuel alone. I love the comfort and $8,000 stereo I put in it...but I didn't want to smash miles onto that rig. I needed a commuter as I drive minimum 100 miles a day...but I didn't want something not fun to drive. Saw the Si online, did my research and bought one...sight unseen. Never even peered in the window of one until I took delivery. No regrets...although I HATE HATE HATE the head unit. I talked to the Rep at iDatalink though and they're working on a Maestro. Can't wait to install my Ktuner, Cobra Race CAI and Invidia R400.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I drive 22-26K per year. Needed something reliable and relatively fuel efficient for the daily grind and family duties. The Civic (specifically the Si) checked off every box except HIDs, which I'll solve through aftermarket. Parts are cheap and widely available for everything except the ADS.

My perfect car would have been the GTI AutoBahn or Golf R 6MT. But the cost of ownership combined with VW's subpar design architecture made them a poor choice to own long term. Furthermore I've done fast, and was ready for something a bit more practical without sacrificing engagement & fun factor.

Long winded answer but hopefully helps someone else in the same predicament...

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Red Sonja is actually my wife's car... Her 1st car was a Vintage Plum '01 5MT Civic LX: she loved it! Her 2nd one was an '03 CR-V 5MT: She loved it, sold it to my nephew after 125 000 miles (Died at 195K in an accident) Then she made the mistake of buying a 2012 Mazda5 GT 6MT... The worst rustbucket I've ever experienced. Kept it 6 years and she said: I WANT ANOTHER HONDA!!! I was driving a 2008 Accord Coupe 5MT, and did not have to put a dime in repairs in 215 000km...
So she ended up with Red Sonja (No other color would do!), a pretty Rallye Red Civic Sport Touring Hatch 6MT. After a bit over a year and 33 000km, she's happy, happy, happy!

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
1-Honda always build good car
2- Tired of my 3 last car + my wife 3 Corollas too ; Corolla witch are the best car I ever had ; put gas, change oil ( nothing more ) an drive 125 K miles in more than 10 years
3- Civic is cheap $ and car is nice

10 gen Civic are they reliable as my Corollas ? We'll see.

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
MPG, Honda Reliability, Styling, Handling, Features, Cost (family member works for Honda).

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine in Dec 2015. I had my eye on a used 2014 Civic SI that I was gonna pull the trigger on when I saw them unloading the 2016 off the truck. The styling of this car was the main selling point for me. It's the absolute best looking car in it's class imo. MPG was my main goal with my new car as my new job put me 110 miles round trip to work. I really debated on selling my WRX and getting a new WRX or STI, but the MPG wasn't that good and the sticker on both of those was too much. Nothing could touch the features included for the price with the EX-T.

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I had a company vehicle at my old job. So I bought a Volvo C30 for my weekend fun car. It was great, quick and fun. Then I changed jobs and the C30 became my daily driver. It was getting about 20-21mpg and I was spending 400 on gas per month.

I had a civic previously, my boyfriend has a 500k mile Honda Fit and I saw a sonic grey pearl hatchback and just fell in love. So it was more of a natural progression.
Sponsored