Why did I go back to stock..... Performance parts review

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
First off I'm having a pretty hard time NOT regretting parting my car out.

I have a 2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6mt I bought new in October 2018. Around 5k miles (aka 1 month for me) I did the exhaust and Ktuner. And it went downhill from there buying parts lol. I recently decided to part my car out because I finally want to start building MY OWN SFWD race car. For a few years I built 1000hp+ swfd engines and cars at a local up and coming race/machine shop (Victory Precision Machine) and ever since then I've wanted to do it for myself. I came to realization that it is now time. No more wasting money on dailys.

But first I have to say for anyone considering a few of the products I had on my car I'm going to give my honest reviews on them to hopefully help you.

@KTuner - 1000% the best and first investment anyone should make. When I switched back to stock parameters and unlocked this unit I realized just how much of a huge improvement it was. The rev hang delete, higher psi, early spool, ect absolutely made this car a blast to drive. Now ehhhh not so much. Also I have to note that my gas mileage went up to averaging 40mpg with Ktuner, now since it's removed literally within a week it is consistently dropping. (worth it for future racecar life)

@ACUITY - Again absolutely amazing products. I had the centering spring, short throw shifter adapter, and boot collar. Since I switched back to stock I regained the sloppiness and loose feeling in every shift. Really sucks how Honda made it such a "light" feeling in the entire shift assembly. Just those few mods made it so much better and crispier... (worth it for future racecar life)

@PRL Motorsports - I went with their stage 1 intake setup and that alone gave me some light, but louder intake noise which was a definite plus! It also made my car at first for whatever reason feel like it had less throttle response BUT Ktuner definitely fixed that with their "Improved throttle response" quick adjustment. Either way for the money it was still a very good product. (STILL WORTH IT FOR FUTURE RACECAR LIFFFFFFE)

I had other aftermarket parts on my car but they we're mainly cosmetic. Sorry for the long post but im a little excited to go back to my OG days and build myself a 800hp+ sleeved B-series bomber:cool:

****UPDATEEEEEEE****

Got a semi-built B18b LS engine from the race shop I used to work at! Still has assembly oil in it! Only ran on a Dyno for a few pulls and their customer never fully paid them so they took the engine back out! You snooze you loose!

Blox stainless steel valves
Blox springs/retainers
81mm bore
Cp aluminum forged pistons 11.5:1
Eagles H beam forgerd rods
ACL rod bearings
ACL main bearings
ARP head studs
Balanced rotating assembly
Blue printed build
This motor made 430hp on the Dyno!

View attachment 170123

Honda Civic 10th gen Why did I go back to stock..... Performance parts review IMG_20190819_180844

Honda Civic 10th gen Why did I go back to stock..... Performance parts review 154888300

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why not just build a 1k hp turbo 2.0 liter? I expect 8th gen Si's are decently priced at this point. Had a couple local guys that were running 500hp daily with no issues on stock internaled K20Z3's.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Why not just build a 1k hp turbo 2.0 liter? I expect 8th gen Si's are decently priced at this point. Had a couple local guys that were running 500hp daily with no issues on stock internaled K20Z3's.
Die hard b-series guy here, way before k's came out. K20s and K24s are great motors but there's just something about my grass roots and early days in the Honda game that I've always wanted to get back into. Especially with the knowledge I have now

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Nice reviews. You may be a little more bummed when I tell you TSP released their Stage 1 tune for your car and it looks really promising.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Nice reviews. You may be a little more bummed when I tell you TSP released their Stage 1 tune for your car and it looks really promising.
Go figure lol. I saw someone mentioned it the other day. In 2yrs hopefully I'll be enjoying a motec setup in my drag car :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Just wanted to share a quick update ^ :thumbsup:

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
My brother made that power on a stock block and internals only thing that he did was springs and retainers it did go boom

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
My brother made that power on a stock block and internals only thing that he did was springs and retainers it did go boom
Yeah every once and awhile you can push a LS or even a b20 to 500hp but they won't last. Cylinder walls are weak at 400-500hp and rod bolts stretch and say see yaaaa
Sponsored

Last edited: