First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I threw a cover on mine because it's summertime and the aluminum cap on it gets HOT.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? NmnSXgi
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you like larger shift knobs, try finding a "STAINLESS STEEL HEAVY WEIGHTED ROUND SHIFT KNOB" from eBay. It weighs 1.1 lbs and measures 2" across (vs 1.85" OEM). I can feel it now takes less effort to shift and eliminated the notchiness, that's on a CTR. I'm sure it'll help with the Si. A white sock or glove will help with the heat transfer in the summer.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? 2-img_0345-
Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? 3-img_0346-

Last edited:

PapiCompota

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you weigh both knobs? What were the results?
I didn't weigh them but just by putting them on your hand you definitely feel the weight difference. And of course one being metal infused with leather vs. all metal. That already makes heavier. But keep in mind it's not a huge difference but it's noticeable.

PapiCompota

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The knob definitely gets a little toasty after being parked in sun all day but doesn't anyone have tints and use a sun-shade? :flame:
I have 5% all around and 20% on the windshield. I always try to park in a shade and regardless of that, it always gets toasty.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Too small. My knob is relatively yuge *Trump hand motion*

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? LRM_EXPORT_227733726476608_20190426_142020584

HotPaperPlate

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you like larger shift knobs, try finding a "STAINLESS STEEL HEAVY WEIGHTED ROUND SHIFT KNOB" from eBay. It weighs 1.1 lbs and measures 2" across (vs 1.85" OEM). I can feel it now takes less effort to shift and eliminated the notchiness, that's on a CTR. I'm sure it'll help with the Si. A white sock or glove will help with the heat transfer in the summer.

2-img_0345-jpg.jpg
3-img_0346-jpg.jpg
I have the exact one for my Si and totally agree with him. I'm in Texas and its not that bad after a few mins in the summer.

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I believe I have the shift pattern branded onto my palm. 90 degree weather + all black car gets rather hot, and my parking spot at work gets sun all day. I think I might buy a lighter color plastic knob and possibly switch back to stock knob for the fall/winter.

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
I believe I have the shift pattern branded onto my palm. 90 degree weather + all black car gets rather hot, and my parking spot at work gets sun all day. I think I might buy a lighter color plastic knob and possibly switch back to stock knob for the fall/winter.
FYI they make some sort of shifter 'beanie' for knobs. I've seen them a few times. Especially for winter it's nice when they are ice cold.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I have the $300 tint that blocks heat as much as possible. I think the brochure says 60% heat reduction(I’ll update it if I’m wrong). I use the darkest legally possible in Texas.(25% front, 5% rear. Can’t see shit behind me) The knob still gets hot.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I switched to a Skunk2. I prefer a heavier knob that is taller. Eventually will get a short throw shift kit and an even taller knob.

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The knob definitely gets a little toasty after being parked in sun all day but doesn't anyone have tints and use a sun-shade? :flame:
I have the darkest legal tint and a nice new reflective sun shade, and it still gets pretty hot sitting in the Florida sun. And it's not even June yet...
Sponsored